Garmin 93sv plus

• Brad Dostal

I am in the process of purchasing electronics and am considering a Garmin 93sv plus at the console then a 7 inch model in the bow. Anyone have any experience with these or opinions? Also considering the helix SI and Lowrance HDS. I currently run a helix 10 SI non mega which I sold with my boat. Thanks for any help.

catnip
    south metro

I have the 73sv and it’s pretty darn sweet.i like being able to draw my own maps with normal mini ad cards and no extra software or computers required. It also holds bottom perfectly and the GPS is accurate.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Love my HDS gen 2’s that I bought 4 years ago. Wish I had at least one gen3 or newer though so I can make my own charts.

The newer ones are only faster and better.

snelson223
    Austin MN

They are all good. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Garmin with panoptix is awesome and being able to make your own charts. The new Humminbird with mega SI works really good and being able to use the lake master chips is nice.

It would be nice if you could take parts of each one and put it into the ultimate graph.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Brad, some people have issues with the quality of the lakevu maps on the Garmins including myself. Some others don’t, and it seems to change with areas.

If you can check out some local waters on the unit before purchase that you’re familiar with and see how the maps stack up it may help out.

Quickdraw maps are phenomenal, but who in their right mind wants to make their own maps of lakes all the time.

Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the unit. It’s been great.

Henpecked

I’ve run the 73sv for a year now and it’s served me well. As others have said, the Lakevu maps are not the best, but better than I’ve experience with Navionics and worse than Lakemaster for me. I use the Quickdraw quite a bit and it works very well. I would not want to map an entire lake with it, but for structure mapping it’s great. Much of the inconsistencies between the LakeVu and Quickdraw I attribute to varying lake levels and transducer placement. It’s unlikely I’ll get away from Garmin however as I’m totally sold on the Panoptix.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.