Gander in Rogers

• Deuces

Anyone know what’s up? Drove by to pick up some reels and she closed. Says Rv and Marine now, they still have fishing stuff?

Where can a guy check out a Helios and cymar in the twin cities? Joe’s got em? Eden prairie GO?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Anyone know what’s up? Drove by to pick up some reels and she closed. Says Rv and Marine now, they still have fishing stuff?

Where can a guy check out a Helios and cymar in the twin cities? Joe’s got em? Eden prairie GO?

Forest lake gander

munchy
    NULL

I haven’t been in the new Rogers store since GM closed, however I’ve heard it does have tackle and equipment. Likely just a smaller selection.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Stopped in a few weeks ago and bought a spare tire mount for my trailer and was surprised at the amount of fishing tackle and boating accessories in the store.. Not saying it compares to a SCHEELS, but not bad either.

Deuces

Been there quite a few times since it opened as GO or overtons. But last night it was closed up early and the signs were switched up so I’m curious to if it’s changing up again to an RV boaters store.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Been there quite a few times since it opened as GO or overtons. But last night it was closed up early and the signs were switched up so I’m curious to if it’s changing up again to an RV boaters store.

I’m working next to it today at graco. Gander is done and leaving

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’m working next to it today at graco. Gander is done and leaving

Not surprised they couldn’t make it. Their hours were only till 7:00 on weeknights. I live in Rogers. By the time I do my shopping for fishing stuff after work, dinner, clean up, etc., it’s after 7 on I stopped there four times, and they were closed every time.

Deuces

Well perhaps that was the case. It was about 715. Guess I didn’t even think to look at the hours, being it was only 715.

7:00 on weeknights

Matt L
    Twin Cities

I was in there last night, they close at 7 week nights. They are not going anywhere. Super nice folks working there too. Selection is a little smaller than the bigger stores, but prices are better and you’ll most likely find what you need.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I was in there last night, they close at 7 week nights. They are not going anywhere. Super nice folks working there too. Selection is a little smaller than the bigger stores, but prices are better and you’ll most likely find what you need.

I stopped in a few weeks ago. They have a lot of fishing tackle. Everything you would ever need to rig a boat as well. I just needed some marine grease and was surprised with the selection of tackle and electronics etc.

They were still getting everything set up so I don’t know why they would be leaving.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Do they only run out of the overtons spot? Not by the goodwill any more

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt L wrote:</div>

Do they only run out of the overtons spot? Not by the goodwill any more

That’s been long gone. If I recall it was just a gun store at the end as well.

I also like that store quite a bit, glad it’s still there. Unfortunate how they only are open til 7. Usually go to Cabela’s for the polar bears and trout, then GO for the equipment.

404 ERROR
    MN

Haven’t been up that way, but the one in Lakeville is awesome. The prices on every single item I looked at was better than Fleet Farm. I ended up buying all my duck season ammo at Gander because the ammo was over $1 cheaper per box there versus Fleet Farm. Anyone who decided to boycott GM because their pricing strategy owes Gander another look. Still old, grumpy and butthurt about politics? Then shop somewhere else, no one cares.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I like the gander in flake town. Just hate how every time they want to force you to be a member

Deuces

I like the gander in flake town. Just hate how every time they want to force you to be a member

This is a good point all across retail. Target, home Depot, heck I can’t even get a beer and app at some places without are you a member?

Dan Baker

I talked to a person working there a week or so ago. They said they were rebranding as Gander RV, but they would still have the fishing gear. The selection isn’t bad and the prices are a lot less than Cabela’s i.e. $6.99 for senkos vs $8.99.
    Dan

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Their website has some pretty good deals too. I just bought a discontinued HDS Carbon for under 600 bucks.

Deuces

Leaving early AM tomorrow, needed a reel. GO in EP wasn’t far off course

Looks like I still need a reel. chased

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190816_175147692.jpg

tangler
    Inactive

The world is sending you a message you don’t wanna hear!

munchy
    NULL

Can’t you just cut the cable…..?

Deuces

Idk, don’t want ink face.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>

Idk, don’t want ink face.

It’s just an RFID tag. No ink inside. I’ve had to cut them off when the retailer forgets as well. A good pair of side cutters will take care of it.

CBMN
    North Metro

I was next door to the Gander/camping world last night at about 5:00 PM and it was dark inside with brown paper over the windows and the signage was also gone at the street and on the building.

So it looks like both Rogers locations are now closed.

big_g
    Isle, MN

got it…

Attachments:
    1. ink.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Butthurt warning.

I ordered 6 fenders for my camper. $235.00 on line.
    They arrive and somehow I got blue ones.
    Went to amazon’s returns and they (amazon) sent me a returns goods label. Huh? Looks like it’s free to send it back.

This morning I received my refund… $116. short of the full purchase price.

Amazon says it Gander RV’s fault and Gander says Amazon charge them $116.00 for return shipping. Crap, I checked here and I can send it the same way for under $20.

I’m not sure who’s pulling my hair at this point but when I do, I’ll hand them some vaseline.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’m not sure who’s pulling my hair at this point but when I do, I’ll hand them some vaseline.
    [/quote]

A big or little jar? doah

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

I just googled them, and it shows for hours in Red, ‘Permanently Closed’. I thought they had decent tackle and some different stuff than Cabela’s, but could of had more Rods.

I went there quite a bit, but could tell it was never very busy and always wondered if it would make it. Usually me and two other Customers and 3 staff workers. Not a good ratio. Glad I never suckered for the discount count membership they were always trying to sell me!

Charles

I just googled them, and it shows for hours in Red, ‘Permanently Closed’. I thought they had decent tackle and some different stuff than Cabela’s, but could of had more Rods.

I went there quite a bit, but could tell it was never very busy and always wondered if it would make it. Usually me and two other Customers and 3 staff workers. Not a good ratio. Glad I never suckered for the discount count membership they were always trying to sell me!

I got a free member ship and free road side membership, no idea how lol.

queenswake
    NULL

Dang it. I really liked having Overtons there. The biggest selection of boating equipment in the cities by far. And the prices were great on everything. I even had my boats winterized there. There always seemed to be a decent amount of cars in the parking lot when I was there.

It would probably do better more towards Minnetonka for the pleasure boat crowd. I don’t think enough fisherman knew what the Overton’s brand is, despite their long-running catalog business.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.