FYB Update

• Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

As of right now plans are still on for the tournament on Saturday. I’m keeping a close eye on the forecast as far as temps and mainly expected snow Friday and Friday night. Safety is my main concern as far as getting to the river and also getting up and down the hill at the resort.

Comments or concerns are welcome below.
    Trying to get a feel for who is planning to come either way or if we should just cancel for this year?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I vote cancel it.
    Cuz I’ll be out anyway and then there won’t be a tournament crowding crowd toast

404 ERROR
    MN

We’ll be there either way. Bring on the cold

mojogunter

If it snows Friday I am out. I have to plow after it is done snowing, and I also don’t want to pull my boat in the slop.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The WI back channel ramp is more winter friendly.

mojogunter

Brian
    How shallow is the backing dam with the water this low. I have never been over it in these conditions. I know where the gap is on Mr.sippi’s side to go between. I won’t be there this weekend if it snows, but it would be good information to have the next time I get there.

Deuces

I’m certainly not a long time idoer but dont ever recall the FYB being cancelled before, am I wrong in that?

Recall some pretty large icicles on peoples boats in past….

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

How shallow is the backing dam with the water this low. I have never been over it in these conditions. I know where the gap is on Mr.sippi’s side to go between

Trim up.

The spot to watch out for is where the back channel meets the main channel. Dock on wi side. Go slow and trim up. Logs just under surface. Some above.

catdadmn
    Inactive
    Southeast minnesota

Eric
    Barring any major snow or ice event there will be no issues with hill or ramps at Everts. Ramps are perfect today and hill is heavily salted / sanded.
    Bait tanks are filled with bait including some beautiful shiners for those who want to try something different.
    As always, we will be there to help anyone if there is an issue.
    Thank you for using our facilities each year, we truly appreciate the loyalty.

Attachments:
    1. 20190228_083620.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Brian
    How shallow is the backing dam with the water this low. I have never been over it in these conditions. I know where the gap is on Mr.sippi’s side to go between. I won’t be there this weekend if it snows, but it would be good information to have the next time I get there.

Just stay to the WI side and always trim up (just in case). Heck, I trim up even when it’s flooding and there’s 6 feet of water over the closing dam.

As Andy said, there is a cement piller(?) pretty much center of the back channel where it meets the main channel. Last fall there was a logge stuck to it so it was easily seen. Not sure if it’s there now or not so stay to the WI side near the dock.

It’s fishing. No need to be in a hurry to get to your hot spot at least before take off. )

Good luck to the anglers and FREEZE YOUR BUTT OFF!

mr. sauger25

Hopefully the main dock is in at everts was out last friday

mr. sauger25

Eric we have 2 teams coming other 3 are out this year

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

All things are a go. Weather looks to have warmed up and only a little snow today.
    See everyone in the morning!!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Not sure if it’s there now or not so stay to the WI side near the dock.

There is a log pile string that runs across the river there. TRIM UP and go slow.

Anyone with SI knows to be concerned in that area. It is Woody.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.