Full Moon Trolling

• ryan hunt

I guess it is a wrap on the year then for me. Definitely do not want to be out there with 15 to 20 mph winds. That just is not fun this time of the year. Good luck to anyone who ventures out.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Jon Jordon, We will be out of Liberty hitting the rocks tonight.

As far as the rest not going because of the West wind tomorrow, the shore line on the west side during a west wind is a good place to fish, your only 100 yards from shore on the weed line and the big girls like to hide there. Next week temps and wind looks good Monday/Wednesday night to hammer them,

mojogunter

I will be on the east side tonight

mojogunter

Bite was almost non existent for me last night. One 15″ hit as I was reeling in to go home. That was it. 37f it was a nice night until the wind changed direction about 9pm and then it got cold. I was on the east side. The one that did bite hit a jointed #7 shad rap red cray fish.

Ripjiggen

Might be a bit deep if you are in 37ft of water.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I fished the East side rock reefs for 5 hours 6-10fow not one eye, but snagged a dozen or so Tullibee. Think the spawning Tullibee moves the eyes deep while they do there thing. Last year got a 24” eye with a 15” Tullibee half way down it throat. Going to move to the west side weeds.

mojogunter

Does mille lacs get to 37′? 37 Fahrenheit water temp. smile for the record trolled between 7′-14′

The_Bladepuller
    South end

There is a hole off the SW side of Hennepin Island that is in the low 40 ft range.
    If anyone is outon the east side tonight in this wind you are my hero and freaking nuts. The wind id as blowing hard as I can remember.

Ripjiggen

Does mille lacs get to 37′? 37 Fahrenheit water temp. smile for the record trolled between 7′-14′

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

rotflol

It might be time for these eyes to get some cheaters.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If anyone is outon the east side tonight in this wind you are my hero and freaking nuts. The wind id as blowing hard as I can remember.

I was thinking about this yesterday when that hurricane started blowing through. Bering Sea style

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There is a hole off the SW side of Hennepin Island that is in the low 40 ft range.

Yes, it’s named the ” tullibee hole”, pretty much the only part of the lake with 40’+ depths.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

rotflol

It might be time for these eyes to get some cheaters.

I was confused too, this would have clarified…37°F

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Bite was almost non existent for me last night. One 15″ hit as I was reeling in to go home. That was it. 37f it was a nice night until the wind changed direction about 9pm and then it got cold. I was on the east side. The one that did bite hit a jointed #7 shad rap red cray fish.

Same for my boat Friday afternoon/night. Total bust. smash The tulibee were in the rocks pretty thick spawning. Then the hurricane moved in! Wow that wind was relentless all weekend.

That’s a wrap for the 2020 open water season for me.

-J.

gonefishin

Surprised a little by the lack of good reports. I had planned to fish the full moon on ML but with the slow down in the bite earlier this fall I decided to fish P2 instead. While P2 was slow for numbers the big girls came out to play. Appears to be the correct decision.
    So others thoughts on the slow bite, especially with the tulibee spawning. Our best fall trolling has been when the tulibbee are spawning. So do you think it is because of a good perch forage?
    Maybe the winter bite will be slow also, which from my point of view would be great. Keep some of the winter pressure off and for those of us that don’t ice fish much, maybe we will be able to keep a few in the summer.
    I was thinking about fishing a couple of more times the week with the warm up but will that make a difference?

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I went out alone on Friday night. No walleyes caught here also. Did snag tullibees in several locations. I had the lure bouncing off what I believe to be tullibees. I also remember reading when the tullibees move up they push the walleyes off. I had 39 deg water temp.

lunker33
    excelsior

caught fish during the day on chubs, could not buy a bite trolling at night. i will say trolling Saturday night was interesting with the wind. west side tight to shore was fish able, now when tried a bigger point with some exposure, i was drifting at 3+mph and waves were crashing over the back of the boat… that lasted about 5 min before i went in.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Every night this week except for Friday looks good for trolling. I am staying away from teh rocks this week and will work the weeds on the West side.

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.