Quick fishing Report from the Webster SD area

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Myself and 3 friends made a trip to Webster SD from 9/13-9/15. It was the 1st trip to the area for 3 of us and the 2nd trip for the 4th. We got to the area a little later on friday than I would have liked ( Trailer hookup issues and road detour’s ) After checking into our hotel we headed to Sportsmans bait to get some bait. The bait store confirmed the same hot perch bite that I had heard from Quintin Biermann here on IDO. As is usually my luck we hit the end of the great bite on that lake. Found out later that the bite died off a few Hour’s before we arrived at the lake. We did manage a few smaller perch and some smaller walleyes as well as a lot of pike in the 2-6Lb. range. Around 4:00 we loaded up and headed to a lake close by that one of my party did well on a month or so before. The pattern and area had changed a little but once we located the fish it was a great bite for a fun mixed bag of fish. We caught Walleye, SM bass, Perch and crappie all in the same area. It was real fun setting the hook on a bite not knowing what you were going to catch. Sat. morning Greated us with some heavy rain and strong winds – We decided to wait it out and wait for a few more friends to show up. Decided to fish Waubay to try for some walleye. Only managed to catch a few small walleye but the White Bass bite like crazy. We caught them as fast as one after another for almost 2 Hr’s. with sore arms and tore up hands we decided we had enough fun and decided to head back to the lake we fished the evening before. Got back on the jig and lindy rig bite there again rather quickly and caught another nice mixed bag of fish. We caught Walleye up to 28″ Smallmouth up to 18″ Perch in the 11-13″ range. and Monster crappies in the 14″ range. The one thing I noticed on all fish we caught in the Webster area was how Fat and thick the fish were. Sun. morning we we greeted with more light rain. With plans to only fish for a few Hr’s prior to heading home we decided to Pack up, eat a good breakfast and head home. Overall for a first trip to the area I was impressed and had a great time. Thanks again to Quintin Biermann for all of you help. It was also Great to meet you. I will look you up next trip out and buy you a cold one.If anyone is headed to this area I’d get in touch with Quintin for some updated Info. Also if you are looking for a place to stay while in the area give Quintin a call. It sounds like he has a great setup for those looking for a place to stay in a nice quiet out of town setting. I most likely will go that route my next trip out there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.