Addition to Field Staff – Terry “Ace” Sjoberg

• Anonymous

EFN is happy to announce the addition of Terry “guideman” Sjoberg to its growing Field Staff Team!

A bit about Terry in his own words… “I am a life member of the NAFC, Board Member of The Arrowhead Chapter MI (Regional Vice president) and member #278 of the NPAA. Member of the Lake Vermilion Sportsman club, Board member, Lake Vermilion Consevation assoc.

I have been a professional angler for 14 years and that includes both guiding and tournament angling. I have been fishing for better than 40 years and have in that time gained some great insites on the sport of angling.

I started “Ace Guide Service” in 1988 while I was still living in the Metro area. I guided crappie and smallmouth bass on the St.Croix River just to the north of the metro.

My guiding covers walleye, smallmouth and Pike but
    my real passion is for Muskie. I do about 70 to 80 trips a year for the mighty esox and it’s very often how I spend my off days.”

We’re all thrilled to have Terry on-board helping us with info from Lake Vermillion. If yo uhave any questions for Terry, fire away. Vermillion is a very diverse system offering opportunities on many species throughout the season.

From EFN…

Welcome Terry “guideman” Sjoberg

Anonymous

Welcome Terry…….I look forward to working with you here on EFN. I will let a good friend of mine know of you here on FTL, he owns an island on Vermilion. he will be excited to get some reports from this area.
    Welcome…….

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hi All,I am very excitied about being a part of the EFNfishing family. It’s my intention to make your visits to this forum informative and fun. :

Lake Vermilion is an awesome fishery that may be the hottest lake in Minnesota. Walleye in numbers that stagger the emagination, Northern pike over 15lbs are common and 20lbs’ers aren’t that rare.

We also now have a “World Class” smallmouth bass fishery, that is getting even better, 5, 6, and even 7 lbers are possible, every day.

The fish that firers my passions is the Muskie, the Big V is right now, one of THE hottest muskie destinations on the planet! Fish over 50″ are now being caught and released in huge numbers. The average male muskie is at 42″ and the females at

a very respectable 46.5. Those numbers are from the MN DNR’s survey, of the muskie population before last season. They also reported fish in the 54″+ range in their test nets on the west end last spring. As you can see, it’s not hard to get me talking about the Big V. I will look forward to talking to you lake Vermilion regulars and to some of you that may be fishing her for the first time.

Anonymous

7 pound smallies! Maybe I need to stop at Vermillion on my way to Rainy lake. Welcome Terry, I’m looking forward to your reports. Jon

Anonymous

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Vermilion but have never been there. Might have to start making the rounds to meet up with all the new staffers. Welcome.

Anonymous

Welcome aboard Terry. You will have fun with a great bunch of guys here and we will get to read your informative reports. Nice to have you with us. Bill

Anonymous

Welcome to the team Terry! I have fished Vermilion a couple of times but it was several years ago, might have to make a trip up again, I would love to hook up with you and take some pics for one of your reports.

Anonymous

All,
    Not only was it a wise decision to add the most beautiful lake in MInnesota to the forum, you added a very skilled and
    knowledgeable fisherman in Terry Sjoberg. I had the wonderful opportunity to fish with him a while back, he knows that lake!
    IN fact, he got me on a very nice walleye, but like usual, I lost it!lol
    Muskies and smallmouth are in hiding when Ace throttles up his rig! They know he’s comin’!!!!
    Good to see ya around “Guideman”!!!!!!

Jim W

FishnFreak

Glad to see ACE has something else to keep him busy until June! You found one of the most knowledgable guys on Lake Vermilion! The first day I spent with Terry, proved very enjoyable and productive — took home a limit of Walleye and caught a muskie before it got dark. Always a pleasure to talk to, and fish with. See you on the water.

Steve

guideman

Hi Guys,

Thanks for stoping by and welcome to FTL.com. Open water seems a long way off from where I sit, but I’m sure it will get here, sooner or later. How’s the ice fishing going? I know both of you do that weird hard water stuff.

Anonymous

Terry,
    A guy needs to partake in something to manage his open water blues eh? I was up on Burntside last weekend, trying for
    some lakers. I didn’t have much success but others in our group did fairly well. The largest pushed 12 pounds with other
    coming to the tape in the 1-3 pound to 4-6 pound range! Man it was cold! I allllllmost, wished for mosquitoes!!lol

Have fun!

Jim W

guideman

Hey Jim,I have actually been out a lot this winter, the fishing wasn’t to good on the Big V, after the early ice bite.

MTNet
    Champlin

Good to read more of your insights Guideman! Thanks for sharing. It won’t be long now, plenty of hooks to sharpen, and the summer schedule to go over. Need to buy a passage aboard your boat and learn the lake!

Good Luck!

guideman

Hey MT,Yea, I can’t wait for all this ice to melt. It’s been a long boring winter, and ice fishing just doesn’t do it for me.If we hookup, I’ll see what I can do to try and change that nick name for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.