Lake Vermillion question?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What resort is the best to stay at up there?

Full service ie bait, restaurant…(bar)?

Hospitality?

Pricing?

Thanks!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I heard Vermillion Dam Lodge is good but lemme ask a few of the locals here around Duluth, I’ll get back to you on it soon.

lookin4fish

i cant say i have stayed anywhere else up there, but i have stayed at vermilion dam lodge 3 times and have no reason to stay anywhere else. it is a beautiful place, cabins are awesome, especially the one that holds 14 people! the owner is truely nice and will always help you out with anything! i ahave stayed there with 27 roudy druck guys and other times with my mom and dad, and each time we were taken well care of, so no matter what your group is like, it will be good. i dont know if he still has the bar and restuarant open, you would have to call, but if not, there is on within walking distance of the resort. i have great things to say about that place!! also, the owner is a big muski guy, so if your lookin for the big ones, he is a great source. i and everyone i have stayed there with give it an a+++.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

I’ve really enjoyed Life O Riley as it’s on a remote West end bay, Norwegan Bay. Good panfishing, walleye, bass, and Muskie within a mile of the resort

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks guys!

JBB, can you tell me about the restuarant/bar/hospitality and anything else you might think note worthy?

Fish…have you stayed at either? I’m looking for first hand knowledge of a resort up there. Thanks for taking the time to search for me though!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Looken? How long have you been going up there?

micah-witham
    Richfield

brian
    just got back from VDL over labor day. the place is great, but…it’s the furthest resort to get to on the lake as it’s on the north end and at the end of the gravel road up there by the river. if you want to fish the west side or some of the east, it’s great spot. if you want to fish the big lake at all, it’s a run over there and back.
    good people, fair pricing.
    micah

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Brian,
    My club has been at Muskego Point resort on the north shore of the cook side of the lake.
    NO restaurant, but great people, and very quiet place. each cabin has full kitchens. and you can only boat to the resort. there are two very big new cabins that each sleep about 12.
    My club has been there in Sep for the last 11 years, and am going up in the morning for our Fall tourney this weekend.
    Jack..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good luck…Going to bring back some pics??

thanks for all the feed back…I’m surprised at how many people go up there.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

VDL has a bar, but I dont know how much traffic it gets. Bayview probably has the best bar/resort combination on the lake. The cabins are decent, but the owners focus on the bar/restaurant. Bayview isnt reliable for bait, but it is only 5 minutes from the Y store, which has everything.

Plus, you are close to the Vermilion Club, which is a great place for a cocktail or 20.

When are you going? Need free guide?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

When is the best time to go? I might…but I would have to clean out my tackle box of lead first.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Best time to fish or drink?

Pongo confused.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.