Muskies on Vermillion?

• micah-witham
    Richfield

I’m headed up to Vermillion next wednesday and will be fishing the west side of the lake primarily. Has anyone fished this extensively for muskies and could you recommend any spots. Also, any great smallmouth spots? Thanks for the help.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Where you staying up there. We’re heading up Wed too. Staying at Mocc. Pt. Never been on the lake,brother has though. We’re going primarily for the ‘eyes.

micah-witham
    Richfield

Chappy, we’re staying at Muskego Point which is between the cut off of East from west and the main secion of the west end. We went up last year and struggled to catch many walleyes as we were right in the middle of the largest mayfly hatch I have ever seen. We did manage a few to the boat trolling rapalas along weed breaks near dark. Also some great structure in the larger portion of the west end (i think the whole thing is called Wakemup Bay which isn’t much a bay when you look at the map.) I don’t have a map in front of me but if I remember correctly there is a merry go round reef that and some structure that was near it (other reefs and an island i think) that was very popular and looked fishy on the depth finder. Where is Mocc. Pt. located? My brother and I will be in the 11.5 foot Boston Whaler (a real fishing machine!) tooling around the west end. Just look for a really small boat with two ding dongs chucking lures from it. Good luck, maybe we’ll run into you.
    micah

chappy
    Hastings, MN

If you look at the map, Mocc. Pt. is the big point on the south side of the lake. Can’t be too far from where your staying. I’ll have a Grey and White Crestliner woth a white Johnson on the back. Don’t know how much run and gun we’ll be doing. More of a whole family gert together. Brothers,neices,nephews and kids. Will keep a look out as we will be fishing the west side of the big part of the lake. I have a contact or 2 up there that will help me out too.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

And if you see a red lund with an E-tec on it it will probably me the brother…me.
    Be sure to say high. I will be probably trolling the area.

2handsinthebox
    Off Red Rock

When will you be up there mwit? I’m headed to Muskego on Sat for a week.

Haven’t heard much for reports either.

Anyone????? Eyes and Muskie. FYI, no eyes over 20 will be kept and all Muskie will be CPR’d if that helps for a more accurate report.

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Sorry guys I have been having some serious computer problems the last couple weeks. I hope you all have a great time while you are here. Let us all know how you did.

“Ace”

2handsinthebox
    Off Red Rock

No big deal Terry, probably could of used a bit of advice though. My follow to strike ratio was just crap! Saw a few pigs and several other nice fish. Lost 2, and boated 1. Monday raised the most fish. Lifted 3 off of a hazard in 15 minutes.W/ 1 strike and the result, 1st lost fish of the week. Small eyes were not hard to find but the better eaters were a bit tougher. Man was it something HOT up there.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

I seen pics of a 55″ caught on vermillion last week by a guide what a hog!!

I will try and track down some pic to post

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

The muskie action is as hot as the weather right now. Water temps up in the high 70’s have the Big girls on the move.
    Mainlake rockpiles and points have been very active. The deep weeds in 6 to 12ft have also been very good this week. Topwaters, gliders and bucktails, have all been effective.

“Ace”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.