Pike

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Will be up to Gods country again next week. (June 8) Looking for any info on trophy Pike. I’m not looking for numbers………I’m looking for big fish. U.S. side only.

Thanks for your help.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Sorry for the late reply – I’ve been unable to log in the last few days and it looks like they got it fixed now.

I would concentrate on 8-15′ fow around islands and shorelines that are adjacent to deeper (30’+) water. If that doesn’t produce try would be deeper not shallower.
    Right now small pike are hanging in shallower water.

We haven’t had consistent numbers of big pike from American waters yet but I did record one at 47″ last week. The big guys will hone in on schools of walleyes once the walleyes begin gathering on the reefs which normally happens late June or early July.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Thanks for the reply. I will be up this weekend if I should bump into you I will say hi!

I understand you work for the DNR do you work weekends or just during the week?

Again thanks for all the good info you guy’s provide both here and on the other unnamed site. You provide a great service and I appriciate it.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Glad to help out.

I do work weekends ……. except this weekend I’m taking off for a wedding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.