Rainy Claimed My Skeg

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Okay, I’m fishing for a little sympathy but I we can use this a public service reminder to be careful on Rainy.

Sully

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I feel for you. Got my skeg repaired last year a week before the trip, and came home with it tore up again

Great fishing, and great scenery though

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Ouch! She’s claimed a lot of ’em. Hope there wasn’t internal damage. Another party took out a lower unit last week too.

Saw my first landing mishap today. Poor guy just had a bad morning fighting wind and then while driving his boat on the trailer he leaned over to push off against the dock to center the boat better and turned the wheel slightly before moving that hand which accidentally came to rest on the throttle. That put the 150 Yammy in serious motion and sent the 18′ Lund careening up the side of the dock. Put a good 18″ crease in the side of the boat about 6-8′ back from the front and bent the seam strip between the hull and deck and tore some of the trim strip out too. We can all say ” he shouldn’t have done this or that” but when the landings are busy sometimes we do stuff we wouldn’t do under other circumsances.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I might tend to agree with you AM. Though I’ve never seen a jet drive outboard on the lake it would seem to me to be a viable option for at least a few folks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.