Being first on the ice??

• arklite881south

For the guys who want to be “First on the Ice” NEXT YEAR!!

It’s imperative anglers take care of ice fishing gear as our season finally seems to be over. This means proper care of snowmobiles, portables, augers, electronics, heater heads…….

As for your sleds I personally would suggest bringing them in to have them serviced and any problems taken care of now when they are fresh in your mind. Either have them winterized with a carb clean or do it yourself. Fill with 91 Non-Oxy and stabil and let her buck for a bit. Shut it down and give her a kiss goodnight. Grease all fittings.

Add stabil to your Strikemaster.

Set your Otter houses up and let them air out. Clean them up so they are fresh and clean come next December.

Charge your flasher Batteries. and stow the units away. Remember to charge these batteries a few times during the off season.

Organize the remainder or your needed tackle, heaters and so on so when Decembe FIRST ICE knocks on your door……..You can welcome it in efficiently.

Take a few notes to yourself on things you WISH you would have had or items that need repair or tweeking. You’ll be more prepared next year for more time on the ice and less time trying to get yourself ready.

We had simply an amazing year this season, yet even I am ready to trade the otters in for the Skeeter!!

chirp
    Rochester

Chris, good reminder to take care of things now. Sure sounds like you had a great year up there. Might have to take time next season and come up for some of those Slabs you were into this year. Hope the open water season is as good for you. Good luck with that new Skeeter.

arklite881south

It was not without challenge, but yes we enjoyed a great season watching customer “Get Bent” on a regular basis! Pretty much have been losing sleep for 3 weeks waiting to get my hands on that WX2190 from Skeeter!!

We’d love to have you.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Once dried out, throw some bounce dryer sheets in those shacks to help keep the mice at bay…

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.