Why does noone rent sleepers on Rainy?

• stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

Well?

arklite881south

No real night bite on the lake would be my personal reason. I’d prefer customers save the $$ from a Sleeper rental versus a day shack and get a room at a local resort like Tbird. Nice shower, bed and good eats.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The lack of resorts within the park mean there’s nobody to create a system-wide network of roads and tracked vehicles like Bombers or Rangers are prohibited in the park meaning there’s no way to move houses around.

Rainy is a portable fish house playground!

arklite881south

Quote:

The lack of resorts within the park mean there’s nobody to create a system-wide network of roads and tracked vehicles like Bombers or Rangers are prohibited in the park meaning there’s no way to move houses around.

Rainy is a portable fish house playground!

Frankly……We kind of like it that way. I run small day shacks for those who want to rent a small permanent house, but they are small enough that I can move them around with an atv. Otherwise we we love the mobility of the Otter Portables.

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

No real night bite on the lake would be my personal reason. I’d prefer customers save the $$ from a Sleeper rental versus a day shack and get a room at a local resort like Tbird. Nice shower, bed and good eats.

A few years ago Jakob and I tested this theory and slept out on the lake in portables. Not only did I get little to no sleep, we didn’t catch anything other than 2 undersized ‘pout.

Spot on Ryan. Fish during the light of day and get some good rest at a local resort before the next “Daze” adventure……You’ll need it.

timmy

Quote:

tracked vehicles like Bombers or Rangers are prohibited in the park meaning there’s no way to move houses around.

Tracked vehicles and rangers are taboo up there? How is a bomber (tracks in back with ski’s up front) different than a sled( track in back, skis in front?)

I have seen a sno-bear on namakan once – but that doesn’t mean it was legal!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Tracked vehicles and rangers are taboo up there? How is a bomber (tracks in back with ski’s up front) different than a sled( track in back, skis in front?)

Some of the rules set by the Federal Park Service don’t have to make any sense. This is one of those rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.