Fishing Queen truly “Saddles up”

• arklite881south

Congratulations to my wife Cheryl aka “Fishing Queen”. Though there will be few times I’ll wander off fishing topics here with In Depth Outdoors I figure for anyone that knows my wife; This is pretty news worthy!! As a little girl Cheryl had a deep rooted passion for horse’s much the same as many of us harness for our beloved sport of fishing. Last evening my wife literally “Saddled Up” her little girl’s dream when she picked out her new “Buck Skin” horse named Stress. Standing 16 hands this Paint in a “Buck Skin” color was simply a brilliant looking horse, and that comes from someone not bitten by the “Horse Bug” There was little doubt in my mind as I watched this stunning horse be lead out of the pasture that the Rainydaze family would soon welcome a new addition. Apparently the breeding process of this horse was a bit hectic involving a lot of stress on a trip to the Twin Cities area, truck breakdowns and breeding complications. When this horse was finally born the previous owners took pieces of the full names of the breeding stud and mare coming up with the full name of Cheryl’s new love “Pretty High Stress”.

I will admit horses have never really been my thing. A few bad experiences and quite honestly a general a lack of understanding has kept me away from these massive animals with fears of resembling a buffalo chip in the pasture. Still I’m not sure if there is a more beautiful sight than the smile on your gals face sitting on top of her dreams.

Cheryl saved her “Fun Money” all summer long putting extra hours in to hopefully accumulate enough $$ to not only purchase this horse, but board it as well. In this day and age it was no small task and took much discipline through the beautiful summer on the lake taking extra shifts while earmarking tips in attempts to realize her dream of once again being a horse owner. Little did she know last evening as she galloped into the final stages of negotiating with her hard earned $$ in hand she was about to receive an early birthday present. Happy “EARLY” Birthday Hun!! Both Lindsey and I are very very happy for you. Beyond that…..I’ll have to admit that is one **** fine looking horse. Though your horse is tagged with a pretty cool name of “Stress” I assure you “Lucky” would be just as fitting; Of all the horses in the pasture that “Buckskin” was darn lucky to have been chosen by you to be his new owner.

Who know’s where this will lead Men!! Maybe someday Cheryl will run her own business taking your wives riding while the men remain focuse “Saddling Up” Rainy lake bruisers!!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Awesome Chris! Can you fit the horse in the boat to fish with you guys? It’ll give your boat extra “horse power”! Ha, get it, horse power…

arklite881south

Quote:

Awesome Chris! Can you fit the horse in the boat to fish with you guys? It’ll give your boat extra “horse power”! Ha, get it, horse power…

Lol!! I’ve already pushed the limit with 300 “Ponies” pushing us around in “Sho-Time” what the heck not sure how 1 more could hurt anything!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats on the new addition, Chris & Cheryl! Love horses and would love to be in a position to get one.

Looks like you have fulfilled fishermens rule of law #1 – Happy wife, happy life!!

-J.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s a dandy looking animal Chris. The horse looks good too. They both look happy.

I like to look at those critters, but being on one is fully another story.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Way to go Cheryl I remember you talking this winter how it was your dream to have a horse and how you were going to save up and buy one. That my folks is what I call living the American Dream.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Now you have a backup in case one of your sleds die Just have figure out how to hook up the Otter.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

That is one SWEET looking horse !!!

The colors look a lot like my fishing rig !!! less the glitter !!!

Congrats you to on the new addition !!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Cheryl!! He’s a dandy looking pony.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Congrats and enjoy the riding!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.