snow ho ho

• fieds
    ottertail county

Fergus Falls recorded 11 inches Thursday with another 9 inches forecast for this afternoon.

Wall lake was flooding by the public access fairly fast as i left the ice at sunset last night. hopefully it refreezes before we get anymore insulation on it.

Has anyone experienced bad flooding on any other OTC lakes? Have to find a dry spot for the portable this weekend.

fieds

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I was planning on heading up your way on Sunday, what were the ice conditions like prior to this snow? Were they driving on the lakes or wheelers?

fieds
    ottertail county

i’ve been driving a truck on the ice for two weeks. we have solid good ice, no special warnings around that i’ve heard of. kens tackle on ottertail, bens bait in battle, or genes in perham will also have details for those areas. more snow today may make a lot wet spots.

fieds

fieds
    ottertail county

jan. 2nd and wall lake public access is fubar’d. the flooding didn’t get a chance to refreeze and people didn’t wait b-4 driving through it. now its a canyon’d, rutted mess. saw a chevy buried to the bumper. took a ford with chains to pull him out without batting an eye. looks like i’ll be investing in some chains.

fieds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.