Otter Tail Update

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Finally, a hint of Fall in the air today as a cool North breeze blows in off the lake…and the walleye’s are liking that! I shared my boat with Ed from Ottawa, Ill this morning and he was puttin’ a hurtin’ on the walleyes. After striking out on our first 3 stops, we finally found a school of very aggressive fish along a breakline off a mid-lake flat. All of our fish were caught on a lindy/sucker minnow combo.

It sure felt good to get the cobwebs off the rods as this was the first time in 3 months I’ve been on the water…it won’t be that long before the next trip though as I’m headed out again in the morning. Water temps were right at 70, but they should be dropping continually with the cooler temps in the next few days.

Here’s a picture of Ed with his fish…guess what he’s having for supper?!?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

Here’s a picture of Ed with his fish…guess what he’s having for supper?!?

uhhhh….uhhhh….meatballs

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Nice fish Trev!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hey Mike – how’s your summer been? Puttin’ any more big girls in the boat? The full moon bite last week was crazy good…lots of mid-20″ fish within 100 yds of the docks! We’re talkin’ 3ft of water! Be interesting to see how the next one is…

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

That is good news that , that area is heating up. I will be heading up that way in a couple weeks, star lake . Is the minnow bite starting to heat up

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hey Tom – that spot is about 7 miles from the resort…so I’m hoping to find a couple spots witin a stones-throw from the resort for you to fish next week. That’s my game plan for this morning if the wind stays down.

See ya Sunday!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Minnows it is! Even the 12″ walleyes didn’t hesitate to ambush a 6″ sucker minnow! It will only be better in a couple weeks.

I know Star is good in the Spring and early summer, never heard much about it in the Fall. Let us know how you do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.