Spitzer Lake report

• carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Spitzer is a little over 700 acres max depth 39ft with high water. Hit the Water Sunday 7/3 thru Tuesday 7/5:
    Numerous Bass and Pike, but talk about a lake that is convoluted with Stumps, High Water (over a few roads), lots of dead end bays.

Water Temp 77-80f, pretty clear to 7-9ft although Tueday was stirred up after Thunder Storms rolled thru Monday night when we got over an inch of rain. Started after 10:30pm lasting til 6:30am.

Here are a couple of the Bass (17 3/4″ & 18 1/4″), one of my ultimate Sun Protection (Just enuf breeze to keep from getting over heated) and my FW/partner/photographer (she actually got excited about the Bass and I taught her how to use the Scum Frog. She missed a nice one but wants to go again :

Bass were all caught on Scum Frog’s w/Pads and largest fish all came from under a large log/tree in 5-8fow.

Pike were 18″-28″ all caught trolling Rapala’s DT6 and DT10 FireTiger color and other bright colors.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Nice work! Spitzer is just one of many hidden gems Ottertail County has to offer….

That lake level is REALLY high this year – daughter was at bible camp there last week, couldn’t believe all the sand bags thay had protecting their property.

Thanks for the report!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.