jonny p

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

I see jonny p very busy baiting bears and then laat night I saw he found some time to wet a line .

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hey cookie. I see you ARE on here. You’ve only got 25 posts in the last 4 years on here though. However you post on that Minnesota Fishing Reports website daily. You should abandon that site and come over here to the dark side. That other site is dying.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Hey cookie. I see you ARE on here. You’ve only got 25 posts in the last 4 years on here though. However you post on that Minnesota Fishing Reports website daily. You should abandon that site and come over here to the dark side. That other site is dying.

Come on over Cookie. We’d be happy to have your reports from your neck of the woods. Shoot me an email to [email protected] if you’re interested.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The Minnesota site must be just like the Wisconsin site known as lake-link, Constant bickering… Hard to learn anything.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

I see jonny p very busy baiting bears and then laat night I saw he found some time to wet a line .

Between bear baiting, helping out at Beacon Harbor while Dean is gone, a few runs to LOW for promotional work and a few guide trips mixed in on the water has kept me busy the last few weeks. I also see Kelly and Patsy are getting read to start putting the shine back on the ice houses along with some 110v wiring and new flooring for this years season…always something going on for a sleepy little town.

cookie

I will see if I can step it up a bit. I enjoy reading Jonny P writing so I peek in once in a while as he is a very gifted writer.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I enjoy reading Jonny P writing so I peek in once in a while as he is a very gifted writer.

I couldn’t agree more. We love what Jonny brings to the table here at IDO. But he gets so dang busy I think even JP would agree that a second voice from that neck of the woods would be more than welcomed.

cookie

I see I figured out where to find pms and lo and behold we may have someone interestded in my offer. They are not pounding down the door but we should be able to take care of one of the two intersted parties or both who knows. A day of fishing sure beat a day of riding around in those bouuncy tractors

cookie

I have two takers on my free guided fishig trip and I’m now in the process of setting somthing up. I have received a pm from Mike but still have not heard from the other interested party. At this time the winds have turned the lake into a chocolat milk color. I’m looking forward to getting out again soon though. Last weekend I took joel.Phil and Micky fishing . Joel really wanted sheephead more then walleye? We had fun and Joel took 11 home.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Joel really wanted sheephead more then walleye? We had fun and Joel took 11 home.

I had one guide trip in 10 years where the guy let all the walleyes go and filled my livewell with all the sheepshead we caught. He wanted them for coon bait.

arklite881south

Nice to have you hear Cookie!! Both you and JP are great additions from the Red WORLD!!

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

Both you and JP are great additions from the Red WORLD!!

Looks like Cookie with his free trips and lodging have it covered. Jonny P signing out

rwestb
    OTC

Quote:

Quote:

Both you and JP are great additions from the Red WORLD!!

Looks like Cookie with his free trips and lodging have it covered. Jonny P signing out

So let me get this straight, you are gonna quit posting on this website because Cookie is offering a free guided trip with lodging? I hope this isn’t the case but if it is I guess maybe some of the things I have heard are true!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I hope your guy’s mother pulls you around by the ears to keep you on your best behavior.

cookie

You brought back flashbacks of my dad pulling me around by my ears.

jasonmc

How is the fishing right now on Red? I am headed up there Monday and looking for any insight. Thanks guys

cookie

I was out briefly wednesday and picked up a nice 18. The second pass I got snagged .I then decided I had enough for lunch and it was getting cold so I came in.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Holy balls!
    Do I see a “choke slam” coming up? Can I schedule the match through the WWE?

cookie

Francis and his son will be rolling in later tonight as he was the one that ended up with the free fishing trip in our boat “Imagine That” It looks like other then a small chance of a passing shower it may be a nice fall day. the next thing is we need the fish to cooperate . So a report will follow this weekend.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Francis is a great guy, an IDO regular for years now… and his son can flat out fish. You’ll have a great time and I look forward to the pics should the fishing guys smile on you.

cookie

Lucky I’m driving the boat so I have a excuse when he out fishes me. They arrived around 830 last night .We are going to head out around 8am.

cookie

well well welll. Atleast the weather did not kick out s I hope they enjoyed there day I know even though the fishing was slow I did enjoy getting out. We picked up our first fish down in front of rodgers a nice 19 incher. The second third and forth fish came at the rock a perch,a sheephead and a small walleye that got off at the boat. The fith fish came on the north shore a very healthy 17 incher. The last two fish came in front of the popples one solid 21 incher and one two small. It was rather slow fishing. 4 of the 7 were caught on a spinner the other 3 with a bare hook. We tried some cranks and never got s bite. I expect the fishing to get better as the water clears up again . When you take someone fishing you hope to give them the best fishing possible. It does not always work out. Now I’m second guessing the areas we were fishing There is such a abundant of area to fish you just never know where there hiding.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.