Thats what we have been hitting

• jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I had a transducer get smacked by something, a friend bent his prop on something in 7 FOW and every now and then I hear a something hit the bottom of the boat.

This stuff is everywhere! The Upper Red Lake area Assocation along with the local school is putting together a beach clean up to address this matter. Part of what your $25 dollar membership does for the lake.

Thanks for picking up your fishouse blocking.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Looks like someones kindling wood from the previous ice season.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Blocking from wheel houses.

herb
    6ft under

Do you think it was froze in or just too lazy to clean up after themselves?

drew-evans
    rochester MN

my guess is a little of both but with all them shacks out there at least most of the debree is wood and not garbage from what i can see, still wouldnt be happy too do damage too my boat by hitting it!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Blocking from wheel houses.

The nice thing is, it’s reusable…

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

It is a dam shame people don’t clean up their Ice Shack sites when pulling their houses off.

Maybe a little mid Ice-Season Survey with a Camera and GPS recording every house location with photo of House with Name and GPS Location and then another trip around to those locations once the season is over. Photgraph blocking and garbage left with GPS Location again and mail the evidence to the Owner and drop off with the local DNR C.O.

I would bet if people know they could be fined or threatened with such they would do a much better job of cleaning up.

This should fall under “Litttering Laws” and NO ‘True’ SPORTSMAN would or should ever consider leaving all that crap out on the Ice.

The behavior and resentment towards Fishermen/Ice Fishermen greatly increases when scenes like this get in the news and posted on these fishing forums.

Good Luck and hopefully no serious damage or harm comes to anyone due to this Blatant litter and disregard for our sport.

deertracker

I’ve never seen blocking frozen in to the point you can’t chisel it out. That’s just being lazy.
    DT

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I just had a small wood working project and with the price of lumber I think a chisel would be a good investment!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.