Any updates?

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Does anyone have any updates on the fishing or ice conditions for Red or Winnie? A group of us head up this week to Baudette and we usually stop on the way up and I’m curious to see what we are in for. Thanks.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

The mid lake structure on Winnie is consitently producing numbers of perch..some jumbo’s and nice catches of walleyes. The depth pending on the piece of structure is anywhere from 20-30 feet. Most of the eyes being caught are those 14 inchers…great eaters. Cutfoot is maily active early and late in the day..but productive when teh bite is on.
    Red lake…well the crappies are somewhat hard to come by, yet some anglers are landing on schools making for good outings. The walleyes and Northerns are very active. ICe conditions on both lakes are driveable with full sized trucks, but caution is still advised on Winnie as it normally is. Good Luck Mike…I think Winnie would be my choice over Red Lake Crappies right now.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks Sean. I knew I could get the info I was looking for.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Taking my first trip to Red. Is it worth bringing some maggies or is it pretty much a minnow bite?

Thanks

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

It never hurts to have the maggies with, but from my experience, the Red Lake Crappies are all about those minnows. When are you heading up there? Overall report is pretty slow, there are still a few anglers landing on some and catching limits or a fish or two short.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have a rental out of WW next Wed.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Derek-

How long you going to be up there? I’m heading up… will be fishing Fri-Sun. Might run into you at the WW if you guys make it in there.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Just for one night, then I’m heading to LOTW Thurs morning.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

any news up there guys? heading up this Friday for the weekend.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Sloooowwww.. ..but steady..still a few reports coming in of some limits…but very few..another month and it should get consistenly better…I HOPE

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks Sean. Thats pretty much what I figured… either you’re on ’em… or you’re not. If I was in a portable… mobility wouldn’t be a problem… but we’re renting a shack.
    We’ll catch something… sounds like the perch will keep a guy busy… along with the walleyes (all released, of course). Add in the potential pig northern… we should be good to go!
    I’ve been hearing that blue/green glows have been doing pretty well… any truth to this?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.