Need some reports

• clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Some of us are headed for Pokagama nest weekend.
    What’s hot? What’s not?
    Can someone give up some tips.
    Thanks
    Chappy342

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

It slowed a touch this last week with the first major cold front but the size is getting better. But as we get closer to the full moon, expect it to get better and better after dark. The day bite is starting to build again.
    After dark it seems the the drumbeater island area is holding good numbers along with the area infront of the bridge. These are community area, but worth a shot. If you know of some small humps that top out at 8-10 feet those have been my best producers for the last two weeks.
    The day bite is basically either a jig and minnow bite or a crawler bite, pending on the day. Fishing outside to the major weedlines in that 15-20 feet is key. One thing that you might notice is the grouping of the fish. They are not spread out, they seem to be holding tightly to small areas. When you find a group, continully turn around or stay on them for the best action.
    I will be on Pokey Saturday and Monday night forsure, are you coming this weekend or next?

clarence_chapman

We’ll be up on the 12th-14th.
    From what I am being told they want to troll at night on some humps.
    Not being familiar with the lake I will have to let them lead me around.
    Thanks for the info.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Sean, We will be up there Sat. night,let’s hook up and compare notes. Is there a whiffer map or hot spots lake map to buy that would show us some of that structure?

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Nope on the maps. I will be out of town fishing my last tourney of the year this weekend. Good Luck…should be a good weekend, this last weekend was great, most of the fish were eating right at dark. Get a variety of colored huskies, as no-one color held up from night to night let alone hour to hour.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thank’s ,We’ll let you know how we do. Good luck in your tourney.

clarence_chapman

I got a map off the DNR site. Boy is the righting small.
    But thanks to the miricle of computer programs I was able to blow it up and print it out on 3 pages.

Phil: What part of the lake are we staying.

\Sean: Any tips to where to start? Which Leg or bay?
    Thanks

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

The island areas on the main lake is your best bet. There are a couple of large flat area right around the islands, normally good numbers there. Don’t be afraid of working some shoreline structure as well. The golf course shoreline to the east it always consistent. Bring a variety of colors in those #12 husky jerks. If the bite slows after it starts, move shallower, we got them in 2-3 feet the other night.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

If you have trouble with the DNR maps, you might try the hot spots maps. You can order them at Underwater Tech Maps

Pokegama is on the list… It’s in alphabetical order, down the page.

Good luck guys!

clarence_chapman

Golf Course!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If we get anywhere near there my brother will probably swim to shore!!!!!!
    Thanks for the tips

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.