Upper Red Lake…

• outsider
    Beautiful downtown Shotley, Minnesota

When the weather has been decent the crappie fishing has been fantastic, the fish are still in shallow (4 to 7 feet) and should remain there another couple of weeks.

Anonymous

Just wondering if the crappies up there can be caught all summer or if they
    go into hiding after spawn? Thinking of a trip up that way and if it’s not too windy
    would love to catch some of those on a ultra lite. My last trip up there was in Feb this year
    and they sure were fun to pull threw that 8 inch hole.Nothing like a few slabs for a
    fish fry unless you have a few jumbo perch to go along with the slabs. Steve

outsider

Unfortunately most good things come to an end, the crappie fishing this past week has really slowed down. This is not to say that you can’t catch them, it is just a little more difficult.

Anonymous

Hi Jerry,
    Hey just wondering what is happening up on red as of this last week. I am hoping to get up there again real soon, I have some customers that want them giant northerns, so if we can get a day that will work, I will stop in. How has the crappie action been this week?

outsider

Sean,
    The crappie fishing has been pretty quite the past week; all the rain and wind have really got things riled up. I have caught and released a couple of pike that would go 15 pounds plus right here in Shotley Brook, all we need is a couple days of nice weather to get things going again, but first I have to get past the 4th of July before I get another chance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.