Red lake yesterday

• fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Red Lake Gold today with Nathan Reed nice limit from 15″ to 19″ fish bit all day. Went out of JRS Corner 2.5 MILES. Drove my Blazer on their plowed road no off road travel too much slush. Stopped at Rogers resort his roads are out about 8 miles Active jigging worked the best bobber rods a couple. Missed to many that popped off at the hole doing the ducer dance. — in Red Lake, MN.

My best jig was the Slick Jig 1/4oz pink on top and green and orange bottom. With a minnow or a head bobber rigs didnt work they wanted it moving or I should say ripping it.

Nathan had a UV Glowin’ Glitter Dangler Spoon from JRS Spoons and was doing the same ripping it they would just bang it. Really great spoon

http://www.jrstackle.com/uv-glowin-glitter-dangler-spoon/

We had 18″ of ice on our spot but lots of slush off the road stay on the resort roads.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Love the eyes’ behind you on the ice stacked like cord wood! RR

tbrooks11

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you had a great time!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Well done sir!

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Is it difficult to walk off the roads to fish? Thinking about going up tomorrow, parking the wheel house on the shore and fishing Saturday.

Thanks!

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Lots of people parked off the road and walked to an area. More roads are being added check the resort yout going from.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.