Staying busy

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Getting ready for another weekend. Hering the bite is so slow and having what I thought was good fishing I will keep the houses in the same general area they are now. We are working two different areas with in 1/4 of a mile of each other. Yestareday I brought florida into the area as where she was was not that good and I suckered myself into putting the house there in hopes of a elusive upper red lake crappie.
    Brett and Milinda have fished minnesota two night’ s and brett is stock piling the perch as has quite the bucket full. I will snap a pic of all his fish today before they leave.They also had a couple of walleyes when I checked in with them yesterday afteernoon. I thought about leaving montana on the same spot for the up and coming weekend to see if the good fishing would continue. I plan on wetting a line out there this morning as I have a few things that need my attention in the house. Tony and Leah will be fishing in florida today and tomorrow and then Tony boy will help me get all the house ready for the weekend. I think all three deluxe houses will be shifted around so there all on fresh ice for Lee and his crew that roll in saturday. The next weekend the 10th and 11th all 3 are still open? I have 10 ten days to get them rented as It would stink to have them all empty on a weekend. Where are all the fishermen on the weekend of the 10th and 11th?
    California will be moved straight south about 100 yards and arizona will stay put as it has still not been augered where it is. Two guys in a portable were fishing inbetween the two on monday and had action all day with a few keepers in there bucket. If I would of had the generator out there they would of been fishing right where it would of been set up.
    I thought I would share a couple of old pics I came across while going through some things. One is where my grandmother was born on the tamarac river .One is my great grandpa Norman with Jim the ox and the other is 1965 when grandma had two bear cubs staying here

cookie

Hi FredI will do that,and kellie told me last night you called.I will give you a call as we do have a house for the dates you were looking for.
    Brett and his gal went home with a mess of fish. Bret caught them all as she was just here to relax.

Tony boy and his wife have had some deccent fishing and I think they had 7 in the backet last night. I ended up renting minnesota to Bob amnd Terry thursday, friday and Tony snapped a pic of there catch as of last night around 8pm

Bob called out of the blue wednesday and wanted a house for thursday friday ,He said red lake was on his bucket list.Talking to him yesterday he said the last time he was here was in 1950 with his dad.
    Matt also called out of the blue wednesday and is fishing in montana I will not know how he did until later today. he was fishing outside when I left the lake last night around 3.
    Busy morning today as I check in darrle and his crew and get california and florida moved . Not sure if I will be able to get minnesota and montana moved tomorrow before Lee’s crew arrive but I will give it a shot. The fishing ha sbeen good enough to just make a couple of short moves to put the houses on fresh ice.
    The 3 houses are still open next weekend 10th 11th.Is there somthing going on that weekend I do not know about?

cookie

The season is just flying by as it does every year. This past weekend was again good fishing in my houses and around my houses. darrel and his crew had a fish fry and took home 7 keepers plus some perch.Jay in caifornia also had a fish fry and each of the 4 took home a bag of fish.Jay and aron also fished a nother location in a portable part of the weekend. The guys in florida and montana are here one more night an dminnesota ended up sitting empty saturday eve,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.