still plugging away

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Mike and Becky headed home yesterday ywith there 8 fish. They had deccent fishingand had a ction through out there stay.
    Ben and Shawna have ebjoyed there dtay abd had some great action from 8pm tell midnight wednesday night, They have caught well over 60 fish counting all the perch.The college kids worked the north cribs yesterday and had action all day long.
    I landed a nice keeper when I was prepping arizona and have high hopes for that area. Such high hopes I moved montana into the area.
    Minnesota will stay atleast one more night as I get califormia and florida moved today.
    I have such another busy day today I am hitting the lake before day light today.Arizona is a house that use to belong to Jeff and I do not think it had ever been vacumed since it was built? Wow sure has turned into a chore gettting it ready but will be worth it to have a 5 man sleeper.
    I’m sure theres some more bugs to work out and we will take it one day at a time;

mcrew
    zumbrota,mn

cookie good to see the reports keep them coming I do not think I will make it up this winter but looking forward to sping hopfully we can meet up

cookie

The year sure has started off well compaired to last year. No one has been skunked and the weather has been unreal. Thats about to change though and she will be a little tougher working out there today.
    Nick and Anthony are fishing florida as they arrived yesterday afteernoon. Spent some time visiting them last night. They have fished a couple of other outfits up here in the past. And said i was the first one that ever checked on them . I guess I was surprised about that as I assumed that all the outfits check on the customers. I have never rented a fish house so I base what I do on what I would want. we have another full house this weekend then it tapers off a bit during the week.
    The last weekend of Jan.all the houses are open? I guesss there no reason to panic but we sure hate to have empty houses on the weekends. Lee and Tucker were here sunday monday and did ok .Lee had me out for fish monday night in old minnesota and the meal was excellent. they headed home yesterday with 4 real nice keepers. lee did find one very fishy area and I need to decide if I want to slide a house over there.
    I sure like where florida is and plan on bringing montana over by it today. Minnesota may go where lee scoutted and california has not been slept in where its at so I may just leave it there for the weekend. The sun is coming up better get to work

cookie

I only had two fishermen out there the last two nights. Anthony and Nick. The first night they sadi the rattle wheels went off 7 or 8 times and they got one keeper and missed th erest. I was like dudes you needed to get out ofbed and Jig. Nick sdia they were to tired so lets hope if they had a run last night they got after it a bit.
    I was able to move arizona and montana yesterday. I was hoping to leave florida on the same spot but may have to move it today since it has been fished three night by two different groups.
    Minnesota will have Pat for 3 days so I will have them fish it the first day where it is and then we may move it saturday or sunday. Caifornia will be used as a day house friday, saturday, sunday and no one has spent the night in it where it is so it will stay where it is for now.
    The fishing sure had been better then last year and lets hope that continues. Its nice to see fish coming out of the houses. I’m surprised I have not heard from Jill and her creww as they have been coming up for quite a few years

cookie

Wow today is the 22nd I think I have been a very busy guy. I been putting 16 hr days in for quite some time. When the wind blows here even with such little snow it just adds tons of work with moving snow away from house’s . At this time the snow is just clipping us.
    Now for the ugly news. After california did so well last week I moved arizona and minnesota just to the east for the weekend. Florida and montana were set up on a nice edge of broken ice and I also had high hopes for that spot. The fishing for my houses just plain stunk. Yesterday I moved california to 11 feet to the north. A couple of the guys rode it the house and said it was a hoot.
    All the house have marked fish all weekend but getting them to bite is a whole new ball game . Maybe when I go out this morning things will have changed a guy can hope.
    The whole fleet will be on the move again this week with florida being the first to move with peggy coming tuesaday morning. Dave and Sarha rolled in last night for there third year and first in old minnesota. Sarha was not in the house more then a minute when she said we will be requesting this house from now on. Two years ago they arrived in a brutal snow storm and the greek and I shuttled them out to montana on the sled as there was no way you could drive in the white out and drifting conditions. That was when all my house’s flooded from the weight of the snow drifts. Time we were able to get to the houses the temps and plummetted adn all seven house’s were flooded and frozen into the lake bed. It took the greek and I 5 days to chip and break them loose. If that ever happens again I’m not sure what I will do. I will have to hire some one to help me thats for sure. I may also move minnesota tomorrow if dave and sarha do poorly.
    The red Baron is in the process of replacing a axel and bearring . Phil has been up since last week repairing everything I have broken over the course of a year. I hope to have the vplow on by tomorrow. i guess its time to hit the lake and say are goodbyes lets hope everyone started catching some fish last night.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.