Good start to a full house

• cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Well with only four houses this year it was nice to see all four with some fish. Mike and Verna had 4 keepers in Florida. Richard and his crew had a couple in Montana and a small pike Pat, Ryan and Pat’s son Shawn had two keepers. Pat has been a great customer over the years. He has even tried two other outfits that I know of but still comes back to old minnesota. I told Pat they needed to be jigging a bit more as they had set lines down as they played cribbage. Joe and his crew fished california for the day and were gone before I got there. They did have a keeper before I left so that was encuraging. While I was there just as it was getting dark I dropped a line and banged out 3 fish in less then 5 minutes. Keith had given me two fish so I was hoping for two more. After the first one all I needed was one when I had a keeper on my rod and reel. As I was trying to get the hook out the rattle wheel went off and just like that I was over my limit. The one on the rattle wheel went right back down the hole evn though it was a fat 16 I had no choice. I guess it was a nice choice to have.
    Getting all the houses ready yesterday morning was a adventure. When I arrived at montana it looked like every piece of snow to the south west had drifted around the house and I had no choice but to move all the snow before I augerd out the holes.
    When I got to florida it was just the opposite and there was not a stich of snow within 100 yeards of the house. Minnesota the darnn heater had gone out .We put a new controll valve on it at the tune of 350.00 so I was alittle bummed but the gas man will get it dialed in.
    When Joe and his crew arrived I escourtted them to california and all my fishermen were here for the night. Today we have another crew coming for florida,and california

cookie

Its been a few years since I have been able to get my house’s up towards the north shore. After some scoutting I found a area I liked and hauled california up there. Yesterday old minnesota made the trip. Florida and montana will follow with my new house arizona to bring up the rear.
    Last night when I made the rounds Pat and Ryan were way happy with the move.
    Jeff and Penny were also having some good fishing and as I visited I even landed a couple of fish on Jeff’s rod and reel.
    Penny with two keepers.
    Florida and montana were not doing all that well. I feel so bad when that happens but theres not much I can do.
    Both houses had deccent fishing the night before but nothing to brag about.

cookie

quick and simple fishing is fantastic if your on the right spot’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.