Cranks ?

evokabbo

we go every year at this time we only jig with shinners

.mnmike
    red wing, mn

Gold jigs!!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I stayed at Zipple Bay for the first time this year and I was blown away. The place is very nice and you couldn’t ask for nicer people. If I was you, if you haven’t already, ask them what they recommend. They’re on the water every day and I think they’d be more than happy to tell you what’s working best.

I personally love the Fall jig/minnow bite, so that’s what I’d be rollin

Make sure you let us know how you do and have fun

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Pulling cranks in Rainy river and jigs w/ shinners as well, see you up there in 8 days!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Was just up last weekend. I saw only one group of guys trolling in three days on the water. Jigging the frozen shiner. I find it hard to believe that gold is the only color that works up there but, after going I’ll be stocking up on pretty gold jigs for next years trip. Lights out with the gold over any other color I used.We picked up a few jigs at the bait store zipple bay always talks about. They were half dipped in pink and we had our best results with them. Don’t be afraid to go shallow. We were out with a guide and he put us on a great bite in shallow water right near pine island. When things got slow he cracked out a grey/silver jiggin rap and was hauling them in. If you have any in the ice box throw them in just in case. Have a great time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.