Under water cameras on LOTW

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

With the stained water, do the cameras work on LOTW?
    Good luck
    cheers

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Nope, sorry to burst a bubble if there was one. Roll a vexilar or marcum. -.ark

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Oh my LX-5 will be there regardless
    I was thinking about sending the camera with another one of the houses if nobody in their group had a flasher.
    Sound like a waste of time from what I’m hearing…
    Good luck
    cheers

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

A camera on LOTW’s is a complete waste of time. Tried one last year. Can’t see a thing.

Stick with the flasher and you’ll be fine.

whittsend

I heard the water clarity was very good this year compared to normal on LOW… Has anyone tried a camera THIS YEAR yet??? Any reports would be much appreciated!!

Mike

nailbender

I just got back and the water was plenty dirty. You could see down around three feet and in 28′ of water, it was too dark to see near the bottom.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Just got back yesterday…one of the guys brought one all excited to use it….he’d never been to LOTW before….he was bummed out because he couldn’t see anything.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

You won’t need a camera, bring up the ol flasher and you will be all set.

drakesdemise

The camera was intended for the guys that don’t have a flasher. I kept the LX-5 with me.
    The camera actually worked. I have the lower end Marcum camera and the viewing ranges was about 4-5 feet.
    We had 4 seperate houses and I knew that it would be good entertainment for the house that otherwise didn’t have any electronics.
    Fishing was fair-good.
    2-1/2 days of fishing with 15 people, amounted to a big fish fry on night #2 and 30 fish goinig home with people.
    I would say that for every bucket fish, 2 were released.
    Obviously most of the fish caught were too small, but a few nice slot fish were C&R, including 1-19″, 1-20″, 3-23″ and 1-24″.
    Nothing over 24″…
    Good luck
    cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.