HELP!!!!!!!! ice cond.

• Anonymous

heading to low on thurs. buffalo bay area and i know it has been warm so will i be able to drive my truck out on the lake? any reply would help THANX TROLLIN……………….

Anonymous

Trollin, if it’s anything like the Pine Island area, I’d strongly caution against it, as we saw a few trucks that had to be pulled out, thereby making a 4-wheeler or snowmobile the recommended methods of transportation. I believe Jim W spent some time at Buffalo Bay very recently. Maybe he could give some more insight as to the ice conditions on that part of the lake.

Anonymous

Trollin’

The landings are a little hairy and a 4 by 4 is needed. However, as of Saturday the 22 there was 44 inches of ice. So

if you can handle getting past the landing ruts etc, the ice on the bay is just fine.

I will caution that pressure ridges could/can change with out notice this time of year. If you have GPS I recommend plotting

your drive out etc, so if you plan on fishing until dark, driving in dark you won’t get stuck behind any ridges or wind up

off the main road.

Fishing should be good. Early morning and last hour of light until hour after sundown.

Scattered bite during the day unless there is good cloud cover!!

The main sand flat West of Stony point produced the most consistent bite for us. We set up at the East tip of the bar as it begins to drop into 20 feet.

We placed our flags in 9-12 feet of water and primarily jigged in 14-18 feet of water for walleye.

Goulds was good mid week(last week) then shut off. There was quite a bit of fish staight out from the LUxury cabins(Buffalo Bay) along that reef. Keyd in there

at 10-12 feet of water.

Never tried it but heard Popple was going strong during low light periods.

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.