Nestor Falls

• Anonymous

anybody else on the board fish the Nestor Falls/ Sabaskong Bay area or am I the only one?….B

LundDriver

Been going to Nestor Falls for 12 years or so. Just love the area. Not too crowded but not in the boonies either. My wife and I will be headed there for the week of Memorial day. Can hardly wait.

Anonymous

LundDriver, where do you fish out of? We fish out of Helliar’s, have since the lake was built…LOL

LundDriver

Big B: Been going out of what was McLeods Camp but now is owned by Al Meline. Just across the bay from Helliar’s. In the spring I hear the hot spot is Miles Bay. Have only been out to Blueberry and Hay Island area. Have you been to Miles? What time of year do you go? Maybe we can swap some hot spots. My wife and I fish for everything, walleye, northern, smallmouth, crappie, even a good perch dinner. Plenty of good fishing to be had everywhere, but my biggest walleye came from off the pier (7 lbs.). I drive all the way to Canada to catch big fish off a pier (go figure?). Still love LOTW! Less than three weeks and counting.

Anonymous

Hey LundDriver, Hay Island is a great place to start and finish the week!! One of my favorite spots. Blue Berry Narrows is the first place I ever fished on LOTW, I fish it almost every day I’m on the lake. We will be there after you this year, so I will count on you for info. The best bait out at Blue Berry is the money out of my billfold. I have lost it to Big Fish Dude twice in that very location!! Have fun…………B

LundDriver

Big B, Not sure where Blueberry Narrows is. Lot’s of Walleys out of Sand bay. Usually our first stop. Big Camp is usually good too. Plenty of Northerns in Big Camp, Split Rock and Deer Bay. Where do you hit off of Hay Island? Less than 2 weeks, we’ll let you know when we get back.

LundDriver

Canada trip was too short. Wish I had 2 weeks (or more). Fishing was OK. Water level was 4-5 ft. below normal. Water temp. was cold (50’s surface but 40’s deep). Walleyes just finished spawning. Smallmouth not in shallows yet. Did not do good around Blueberry/Hay area. Best for us was north of Wolf Isl. in the bays and points. Hard to find large Walleys. Guides doing well in Miles Bay. Too far. Did limit out daily 13-17in. Will not return to Meline’s. Treated bad. Prices $600 American, not told prices had gone up. We’re booked at Helliar’s next year. Can’t stay away from LOTW. LOL.

Anonymous

Hey lund driver, we just got back from LOTW, had some the best walleye fishing in several years. Lots of three and four pounders. The guides said it was tough the week before we got there but the water has warmed up now and the weeds are coming up. Your move to Helliars is a good one, I’m sure you will be happy with them!!

Anonymous

Hey Lunddriver, Check your PMs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.