?? about the fall bite

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Steve,

First off, welcome to the board. Us weekend warriors really appreciate you guys taking the time to share info.

I’ve been talking to several people who claim the Rainy becomes such a mad-house during the spring bite. Is the fall just as hectic?? I would like to come experience the great spring bite, but if the fall fishing is just as good and less traffic, I would much rather come up that time of year.

Thanks for the info!!

John

mapguide

Waterfowler,

There is no question that there are a lot of anglers that partake in the spring walleye fishing season on Rainy. However, it is no worse then any of the big lakes on the walleye opener. If you show up early to the boat landings, you won’t have to wait long and you’ll be able to park close by. If you sleep in, it may be a different story. It also depends on which boat landing you go to and how far the ice has receded. The Birchdale boat landing usually receives the most traffic every spring. Even if there are a lot of anglers, you still have an awesome chance of catching a 7, 8, 9 or even 10 plus pound fish.

The fall bite is getting more popular every year, but the spring receives the most traffic because everyone is usually ready to get on the water again. And what better way to jump-start the year then setting the hook into some big river ‘eyes. Even if there may be a crowd, I know of very few anglers who choose not to go because there might be a mad-house, especially the anglers who have experienced this fishery.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.