A New Forum… welcome Steve Mattson!!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

We’ve been looking for the right person to moderate a Rainy river forum for us here at FTR for some time. It just didn’t seem right for a site devoted to rivers to NOT have a quality reporter working on the Rainy River. We talked with some people… but nothing ever seemed to really fit. Until now.

We’d like to introduce Steve Mattson as FTR’s newest addition to its ranks! Welcome Steve.

A little background on Steve in his own words… “My passion for fishing runs deep and I am actively trying to promote this great sport that we love. I am currently a freelance outdoor writer, contributing editor for MidWest Outdoors Magazine, been published in Outdoor News, a tournament angler, webmaster for FigRig Fishing rods and will be guiding this year. I am currently on pro-staff with Ranger Boats, Rapala, Storm, BlueFox, Vexilar, FigRig Fishing Rods, Gemini Sport Marketing among others.”

And best of all, he fishes the LOTW-Rainy River-Rainy Lake area ALOT. Which is real good news for all of us here at FTR because Steve is willing to share some of his knowledge as well as give us all an idea of what’s going on up there on the Rainy.

So let’s give Steve a big welcome. He’ll be back at the PC tonight after he gets off the water and with any luck, he’ll have a positive report for us.

Welcome aboard buddy!

EFN Webstaff

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Welcome to the site Steve!!!! I am looking forward to your insight and reports from there. It is great to have a pro staffer for that awesome fish producing area.

Hats off to the EFN staff also, you are really spoiling us with expanding your forums……THANKS A MILLION!!!

~~~~~~alkfish

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Welcome aboard Steve!

Great to have you up there!

Keep us posted on the bite!

I noticed there is still alot of shore ice around but main channel is moving out quickly?

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Welcome to EFN! I am loking forward to seeing some pics of some of those Rainy River eye’s.

You will love it here!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

wow… another new forum!!… and Ive never fished the rainy… though Ive been interested in it……. looking forward to good information on it….

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome aboard! Look forword to reading your reports and learning from your knowledge of river fishing. Its a great website with a great bunch of guys and I’m sure you will enjoy it. Nate and Bill Cadwell

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Steve, I’ve fished Kabatogama all the way from Arrow Head Lodge to Kettel Falls and just into Rainy Lake but never the river. Shoot me some of your Guiding info via e-mail and maybe we can link up !!

I’ll be looking foreward to your posts..

ec

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.