River Run on Opener

• hop307
    Northern Todd County

How good would the fishing be on opener this year on the river with the late winter we are having? Would it be as good as the last couple of weeks of the season in April?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I think the river would still be full of walleyes, but the water temp would determine pre or post spawn fish. No doubt you will have the only open water in northern Minnesota to fish so it might be worth it…..IF the forks don’t let loose and dirty up the river.

I don’t think it will be a typical rainy river spring bite like in years past. I think that is happening now.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Quote:

I think the river would still be full of walleyes, but the water temp would determine pre or post spawn fish. No doubt you will have the only open water in northern Minnesota to fish so it might be worth it…..IF the forks don’t let loose and dirty up the river.

I don’t think it will be a typical rainy river spring bite like in years past. I think that is happening now.

I would like to get back up for the week after opening weekend, there should still be fish to be had. Your thoughts on pulling 3-ways with chubs. Hopefully the lines at the boat landings would be shorter.

jrholland93

Lots of native fish in the River year round, sauger too in good numbers. It’s not like fish vacate the river after the spawning run…

The gap, Four Mile Bay, and parts of the river are already crowded on opener, every year, no matter the ice out dates. This year it’s going to be a ZOO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.