LOTW Report

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

My dad and I were up to fish the MTT last weekend. We arrived Wed. morning and there was a big storm coming in so we unpacked and got some things rigged, had lunch and at 1 decided to head over to Arnesens and fish for a couple hours. We trolled around the reefs and managed 6 saugers. Thursday was supposed to be low winds in the morning so we planned on heading up north towards Garden and Oak. Well we got 7 miles up with 5-6′ cross waves and said the heck with it. Searched the basin and we found a lot of fish out in 33-34′ a few miles off Long Point. From 11-3 we boated 25-30 eyes most were 17-19″ and a few 23-26″.

Friday we headed up north and started jigging 3/8 & 1/2 jigs. Picked up some nice keepers and a lot in the 22-25″ range. The bite slowed down a little bit so we pulled out into the basin to pull leadcore. Went about 10 minutes and my dad gets a 29.5″. Caught a few more mid 20’s and decided to head south to were we fished Thursday for 1 more good 18-19″. The fish werent biting like the day before and could never upgrade our 16″. Ended the day in 3rd place with 14.43lbs.

Saturday we started the day the same as Friday but 5 mins into the day we had a double. My dads was big so I netted my own and got over to his. Get it in the boat and it was 29″ and mine was 17″. Got another nice 18.75 but most were 20-24″. Trolled another nice 18.5″, many 15-16″ and 5 26-27.5″. Went back to jigging and it was on fire! Got a 19″ and we had 7 in the boat, said if we get one 19-19.5″ we are headed in. I ended up lacing into a 31″(new PB) and called it a day and were back in the river an hour early. Ended up taking 4th place. The 31″ went 9.90lbs. Total bag was 16.22lbs.

Jigs that worked for us were anything bright. Chart, Orange, Gold and Pink. Cranks were #5 Shadling or Shad Raps. Since the fish couldnt be released we are having all 3 fish mounted together

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I guess we know whose boat you’ll be fishing out of the rest of the year.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

I guess we know whose boat you’ll be fishing out of the rest of the year.

Dont even start I have heard it enough how his boat catches big ones Our boats are set up the same and we take turns operating so it dont matter to me which we use but when its rough I would rather use mine with the Smooth Moves in it

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Nice work Corey!!

Thanks Sure was a fun trip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrates and thanks for the awesome report!

jollyroger
    MN

Nice work! Congrats! That will be a heck of a mount.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Congrates and thanks for the awesome report!

Yesterdays report must have just been mediocre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.