Vehicle access on LOTW

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

My son and I had a trip scheduled this weekend to drive up for a few days for his birthday. I was hoping for some mild weather, but this is ridiculous.
    The resort called and is pulling all houses and only recommends accessing with 4 wheelers because shoreline ice is bad. I don’t have a wheeler, but do have 2 snowmobiles. So I have 2 questions…..
    1. Does anyone know where I might be able to drive on with my truck?
    2. If I can’t drive on, will there be enough snow to ride the sleds on??

I really hate like heck to cancel the trip.

Thanks!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Not sure where you were going out of but may want to call Morris point and see what they are saying.
    They are one of the larger establishments that allow traffic.
    http://www.morrispointlodge.com/

Could also maybe call Zipple Bay to get another opinion too.
    http://www.zippelbay.com/

Borrow a 4 wheeler aor two and try to make it.
    Easy for me to say, I have no prayer of going

Good luck

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Pics I have seen on the web today show the snow pretty much gone already. Its a hike but you could probably walk out from Morris or check with a couple resorts to the west. A wheeler looks like the best option.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Just got back from long point and there is no snow and the access has about a foot of water. We talked to wigwam and as of yesterday they were allowing vehicles out. I saw a couple wheel houses going north yesterday so someone must have a decent landing. I would call the night before and pack rubber boots and rain gear!!

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

We have a cabin at Morris Point for this Saturday. Last evening they called to advise there will be no truck traffic allowed onto the ice from their resort. ATV and snowmobiles only.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Go borrow Weber’s wheeler!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i JUST recieved a text form a friend that also said arensons was moving housed closer to shore and removing mats from the cracks.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve called many, many places today and there is not one resort allowing vehicle traffic anymore. (Wig-wam, Adrians, Morris Point, Arneson’s, etc, etc, etc.)
    All have said that there is only water on the ice now, and between the wind and the temps they expect that to all be gone by the end of the week. 4-wheeler would be the only option.
    I’m going to bag it. I don’t want to get up there with my 10 year old boy and not be able to fish like I want to, or get around like I want to because of the conditions. If it was a die-hard trip with a group of guys, it would be a different story.
    Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Good call you’ll have another trip to go on later with him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.