Older Brown Legend Elite Vrs. New?

• md76c
    Eau Claire Wi

I have a friend that wants to sell an older Legend Elite and was wondering if there is much difference in the performance between the older brown versions and the new ones? I have Avids now. Can you tell much difference between them and the upscale rods? Any input would be appreciated.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Some people can’t tell and that’s just the way how it goes. It’s kind of being able to feel the difference in the line flow from a SiC guide vs Alconite guides. The biggest thing about the brown Legend Elites are the graphite handle reel seats. They’re kind of unique in a way. In respect, sometimes it’s all about the reel handle seat and how it feels in one’s hand.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have both. My Legend Elites are easily twice the rod in my opinion. The blade pitching I do would not be accomplished nearly as well with the Avids, although I love them for other presentations. The Legend Elites are much more sensitive. You can actually count how many vibrations a blade bait makes.

cj_2
    Wisconsin

I asked this same question to one of the Croix Customer Service reps a few years ago. His opinion is tha tthe Avid is by far the best value (bang for your buck) in the Bass lineup. The difference in performance from the Avid to the Elite is not equivilant to the increase in price.

That said, I own both (about 6 of each). There is a difference, and I prefer the Elite for most applications. Is it worth the price difference? Probably not. If you can get the Elite at a discount, by all means step up to an elite. If you are paying retail, stick with teh Avid.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The Legend Tournament rods are the best value. That rep needs to get his info right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.