Snow depth

• Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

How much snow do you northern guys have on the ground yet? The lock master down here on pool 12 says the flood could be worse than 1965 raise 7ft by thursday

bigpike

It has been melting off slowly in Eau Claire area, I am heading out to pick up a load of wood in the Eau Claire county forest now and the snow out there is very packed and dense from compression. Easy to walk and maybe 18″ or more.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

On the MN side of the St Criox, we have a lot of grass showing but still 5-6 foot where it was piled. In looking at the woods across the road there’s about 12″ yet.

The media has been saying “could be worse the 1965” since the first snow fall. I’m just hoping these forecast are as reliable as the weather forecast.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have been very shocked at how well the melting has transpired here in south/central WI. Northern face slopes, and where no had been piled is all that is left. The 3′ snow drifts in my back yard is down to one area about 10′ x 3′ wide and maybe 5″ thick..if that. The very low land has water drained to it, but not much to speak of for true run-off. All the drainage ditches are up a couple feet, but not flooding out the fields. Still frost in the ground at about 6″ down depending on where you check. Shaded areas are closer to the surface and full sun areas are much deeper. Flys were out yesterday buzzing around the yard. Bees have been coming out and eating the sugar water.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pool 2 I would guess came up 2 feet this week. We should all know how bad its going to be this spring very soon. Next weekends river fishing is going to be very different than this weekends.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.