91 Warrior 177T

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

There is a 91 Warrior 177T for sale locally. It is in good shape and comes with a 06 Merc 60 four stroke and an 04 trailer. 3 depth finders 3 seats 2 livewells etc. Does anyone have any experience with this model boat. Good bad or otherwise. He is asking 5K

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Going from memory, sometimes not the greatest…..

Good hull, made with lots of wood, seems underpowered for a tiller. Double check what its rated for

Check it out thoroughly

Ron

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The motor probably cost more than that new so I would say it’s a good deal. From what i’ve learned on here is that you have to really inspect the transom on those old glass boats.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I saw the rig as well. Ron brings up a good point. That’s a big ol heavy boat for a 60hp. OK solo but I’ll bet that motor is breathin hard if you have 3 guys, livewells full, 30 gallons of gas and a cooler of sodapop onboard.

Still sounds like a good rig for the money if the boat hasn’t gone soft.

Wonder what it would cost to lay up a new transom on that oldtimer?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Probably the biggest concern is going to be any wood used in the construction of the hull and its integrity, now with its age. I’m thinking you would probably be looking at some transom work in the future. From what I’ve gathered reading many forum posts…. I’m no expert by any means, but those areas seem to be offers off concern fort boats of that age. Many (if not all) of the major companies today no longer use wood in those parts anymore.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

The transom would be my main concern also. I had to replace one in an1850 Tyee and it isn’t cheap. The motor is a little small for the boat but I mainly fish lakes around home and they aren’t very big. Might have to take a look. Thanks for the responses. It’s old but would be quite an upgrade frome my 81 Pike.

Kent Andersen
    Amery WI

I have been around Warrior Boats since 1997 I would not have any concern with the boats construction if it has been taken care of. The motor is a little small but the way I look at that is if you are buying a 17ft boat you are not looking to go 50-60mph. I know these boats inside and out if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and would be glad to anwser any questions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.