Thanks MarCum

• neutron
    Onalaska, Wi

I just wanted to thank the MarCum repair folks for their quick turn around of my LX-5. I went fishing Saturday 1/22/2011 and there was definitely something wrong with my LX-5. There were multiple red bars all the way around the display and it was fluttering like I had a battery problem. I had just purchased 2 new batteries and figured I had received a bad one. When I got home I hooked it up to the other battery, didn’t fix the problem.

So Monday morning I called the repair number and after being on hold for 20 seconds, Chris picked up the line, I explained the problem and he gave me all the info to send the unit to Marcum. I was able to get the unit in the mail Monday just before the Post Office closed. I received a call on Thursday to explain what they had found. Thinking there was no way I would have it for the weekend I had set up to borough a friends Showdown for the weekend.

Well to my surprise when I arrived home from work Friday night there was my repaired unit sitting there. I couldn’t have been happier. Thanks again to the repair folks at MarCum.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Awesome! cant beat that

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Thanks for sharing the news. A company is only as good as their customer service in backing things up when they go wrong.

Glad they got back on the ice.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the news. A company is only as good as their customer service in backing things up when they go wrong.

Glad they got back on the ice.

This winter MarCum anticipated and planned for a sales increase of 100% from the previous year’s totals. The actual increase was closer to 400%! As a result they’ve added two additional full time customer service reps to handle the load and anglers with questions, those needing service or wanting to place an order for additional products are seeing a big improvement in wait times.

Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

Great customer service goes a long way!! Good news!

stevenoak

Great news.When you think they likely do most of their years business in just a few months.BTW if you have a older unit don’t use the address in the manual.Buddy of mine found out this year they moved a few years back.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

It is people like James and this site that make us all buyer’s and believers in these products. I agree there is nothing like spending a little more up front and knowing if you ever have a problem it will be fixed right away.

John

arklite881south

A 400% increase in sales is fantastic. It simply shows that consumers are realizing the many benefits of Marcum Technology. I am very happy to see Marcum is working hard at beefing up the staff to handle all that goes with rapid growth. Challenging to say the least. Great Job Marcum!! Keep up the hard work.

From my understanding any repairs that have needed to take place have been very efficient.

I am VERY excited to put my Ice Troller to use here shortly as we begin to transition our service to big crappies!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.