Rogue Rods –

• Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Any of you guys ever used these rods?

comments Good or Bad….

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Used to pro-staff for them. They are decent rods. I wouldn’t say they stand out too much from other mid-range rods. Blank weights, I would rate them between the St Croix Legend Tournament blanks and below the Loomis IMX rods.

If you do buy a Rogue, make note that they are all rated about 1 power heavier than they fish. For instance, if you’re looking for a rod that fishes like an IMX MB843, you need to buy a Rogue MBH704.

The two issues I had with them were these: 1) They’ve got a slower action to them. They are listed as fast, but they are more of a moderate fast. This affects hook up. I did feel like I lost more fish with them than the rods I fish now. 2) I had breakage issues. I broke a lot of them, and I did not use line that was heavier than the rods were rated for. Back when I was a staffer for them, they were going through financial problems, so they were always short on rods. I went one summer without four of my main rods, waiting for replacements. I don’t know at all how they’re doing these days.

The guys there are good guys. They make decent rods. IMO there are better buys to be had.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Thanks Aaron

Dog

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

interested in a better buy.. name a name.. or suggestions with an “S”..

osprey99
    McHenry,Il

Rogues are my favorite for pitching jigs.I use the sp663 for 1/16oz. and the sj663 for 1/8-1/4.The sj663 is the rod I like best for pitching jigs on wingdams. I’m in Il. and haven’t seen one in a store for years.If I found a couple more I’d buy them.I can order them but the manufacturer gets full list price plus shipping.
    When I bought my Rogues they had warranty program similar to Loomis and St.Croix.They since changed the warranty and I am stuck with 3 rods that they probably will not cover.Shipping a 7’long tube is not cheap so I haven’t gambled sending them back.All 3 rods broke due to operator error.

CarlS

I just purchased their Magnum Bass Casting Rods (MB704C) from MadeInAmericaStuff.com. I have a number of buddies that have Rogue Rods influenced my purchase. It really appears to be a nice quality rod. Can’t wait to give it a try. Best of all, it is made in America and I am attempting to purchase American made products when I can.

Carl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.