It’s With Great Personal Sadness~2JRanch

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

that I was notified that June Palahniuk, known to us as 2JRanch, left us on this last Monday.

I didn’t get to meet June in person, but I didn’t have to. Her personality came through loud and clear in her many posts on Ido and through the message system.

Jim, I want to let you know that she was a very special person to us and her charm and humor is very much missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

June M. (Fisher) Palahniuk, 60, of Arcadia, died on Monday January 10, 2011 peacefully at her home, with her husband and children at her side, after a courageous battle with cancer.

She was born on June 14, 1950 in Eau Claire, WI to William and Lucille Fisher. She graduated from Regis High School in 1968. After high school she attended Chippewa Valley Technical College where she earned her associate’s degree in accounting. She worked as the office manager for Wood Motors, Bothun Automotive and River States Truck and Trailer.

She met Jim Palahniuk in 1991 through mutual friends. In 1994 they got married in Reno, NV while they were on a road trip to California. They built their life together in Arcadia where they enjoyed managing and farming their land, making wooden furniture for family and friends, riding their motorcycles and fishing.

Many of June’s talents and hobbies included fishing, hunting, painting wildlife sculptures, woodworking and archery. To this day June still holds the Women’s Fingers Outdoor State Record and is a lifetime member of the Eau Claire Archers.

She is survived by her husband, James Palahniuk of Arcadia; her sons, Gene (Deanna) Schleusner of Eau Claire, Grant Schleusner (Katrina) of La Crosse and Jonathan Daniel Palahniuk of Hawkinsville, GA; grandchildren, Alexis, Mitchell, Kassandra, Britni, Carter , Jason and Lauren; mother, Lu Fisher of Eau Claire; siblings, Barb (Royal) Bowlin of Menomonie, Ruth (Bruce) Getten of Eau Claire, Sally (Mike) Ayres of Minnetonka, MN, Michael Fisher of Ft. Worth TX, Karl (Becky) Fisher of Bruce, WI, Kathy (George) Hauser of River Falls and Teresa (Larry) Mooney of Eau Claire; brother-in-law, Don Johnson of Eau Claire; and many other nieces, nephews, relatives, friends and Jim’s extended family. She is also survived by Gene’s father, Tom Knowlton and his mother, Patty Gehrking.

She was preceded in death by her father, Bill Fisher; sister, Luanne Johnson; nephew, Thomas Fisher; sister-in-law, Shirley Fisher; and Dave Schleusner.

The family would like to thank the nurses and caretakers at Luther Midelfort, Franciscan Skemp in Arcadia and Winona Health/Hospice.

Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, January 14 at Wozney-Killian Funeral Home, 1378 E Wilson Ave in Arcadia.

A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, January 15 at Westgate Sportsman’s Club, 4909 Sportsman Drive in Eau Claire starting at 3 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to the National Archery in Schools Program (NASP) or youth sports program or charity of donor’s choice.

Visitation

5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, January 14 at Wozney-Killian Funeral Home, 1378 E Wilson Ave in Arcadia.

Service

A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, January 15 at Westgate Sportsman’s Club, 4909 Sportsman Drive in Eau Claire starting at 3 p.m

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Jim, I want to let you know that she was a very special person to us and her charm and humor is very much missed.

That pretty much sums it up right there. She will be sadly missed.

Sorry for your loss Jim. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thanks BK… I sure enjoyed her posts and candid humor…
    My thoughts and prayers to the family…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Condolences from the Kutz home. Rest in peace June.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Great sadness indeed! Prayers sent Jim!! If you need anything, holler!

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Prayers sent from my family to yours Jim.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

So sorry for your loss Jim you & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry to hear this news. Prayers for the family.

Glen

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

Very sorry for your loss Jim. Thoughts and prayers….

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

sorry for your loss…prayers to you and all your family

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sorry for your loss Jim. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Our deepest sympathies from the Jensen family.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Prayers go out to your family.

FDR

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Very sorry for your family’s loss Jim.

bigpike

Sorry for your loss. This fine lady answered a post of mine offering me to come on down and pick mushrooms on there farm. The only time I met her she was very gracious and welcomed me because I was part of the “IDO family”. Thank you June – May God bless your soul.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

She always was a bright a fun person to post here, Sorry for your loss. We’ll send some prayers your way.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Prayers sent to her family and friends.
    Jack

stuart
    Mn.

Goodbye June.You will be missed.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

our Condolences

thoughts and prayers are sent

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Jim very sorry for your familys loss

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Very sorry for your families loss. Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

June was a keeper for sure. Thanks for the laughs June, we will miss you.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

That pretty much sums it up right there. She will be sadly missed.

Sorry for your loss Jim. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

I couldn’t say it any better. God Bless your family Jim.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I want to thank every one for their prayers and best wishes. June was truly a terrific person. She was the go to person when you wanted to get something done. She truly devoted her life to her kids and friends that needed a helping hand. If there was a birthdays party, anniversary, graduation or just a get together, my garage got cleaned out and she was on a roll. Her nieces and nephews could’nt get married, have a baby or a graduation without her getting involved, and of course I got dragged in to all of it willing or not. Because of the nature of our business we were together 24/7 and she was truly a friend, soulmate and the love of my life. She was truly the caretaker of me and all her children, grandchildren and her mother who is still alive. She was diagnosed with no cure in sight and carried the fight to the end. Thank you all so much for providing her with ongoing banter on the site, she read it at least twice a day if not more.

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

In death we think about there LIFE….Sounds like you and your family are blessed with plenty of SMILES!!
    Prayers for your family from our…..

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Prayers are sent to Jim and the family. Its a hard thing to deal with but just keep remembering all the smiles, and good times you had together, and all of the lives that she touched along the way.

My condolences to the family and keep your head up!!

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

as you can see this affects the whole IDO family, prayers are sent.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Sad news for sure…she really knew her stuff and was always willing to help out the site with her experiences!

RIP 2JRanch!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Jim:

God Speed to your family on the loss of June!!! My Mom’s twin sister, a friend’s great aunt this a.m. and now June… Hopefully my set of three for the month.

I had always hoped to get down there and mess around on the farm. My fellow IDO’er Dodge Boy and AM Watson got to get up there and do a bunny and ‘yote chasing and spending time down there, I had always hoped to get there.

Again to Jim and your family, God Speed!!!

Mark

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.