Negative post

• asch
    Eastern Iowa

I just read a post relating a negative experience with an advertiser and it has been removed. I think it might have been constructive for the advertiser and members to read about the experience. Are all posts with comments negative to advitisers blocked?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Strange… usually this site is very open to all feedback… both positive and negative. Maybe the OP requested it removed? or maybe a misunderstanding? I didn’t see the post… so don’t know. Just hoping that the mod gods (except thunder) weren’t jumpy.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I just read a post relating a negative experience with an advertiser and it has been removed. I think it might have been constructive for the advertiser and members to read about the experience. Are all posts with comments negative to advitisers blocked?

just something you have to deal with on most hunting/fishing forums.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

I didn’t read the post you’re refering to either, but one of the reasons I’m on this site is because the mods are very good about letting people speak freely. As long as the posts don’t get out of hand or contain personal attacks I haven’t seen much for sensoring at all on this site.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Are all posts with comments negative to advitisers blocked?

No

stevenoak

Hopfully it was resolved and deleted by poster.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Over time, I have read a number of posts that expressed a negative dealing with a sponsor. This site has been very good about being open to the good, bad, and ugly. However, when it becomes a rant or unjustified slamming of a business in a manner that is not appropriate for a family site, the plug has been pulled. I didn’t see the particular post your referring to. But if it was chopped, I’m confident there was a justified reason why.

Proof positive that this is an open site to “non-sponsors” is clearly reflected in the fishing reports. Yes, a lot of products are mentioned and credit given to companies that are sponsors…because the products deserve it! Still, a lot of products receive kudos that are in direct competition to sponsoring companies/products. That is solely because we catch fish on them, and it is our ethics and responsibility to be honest and forthright in what we use. Those reports don’t get deleted or edited because of sponsor conflicts.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Randy is on the right track.

Also a big factor is who is making the post. If the poster just registered (and chooses to have an anonymous profile) and makes a first post that is nothing more than a poorly written slam, it will likely get dusted. That is true regardless if the product/company/person is an IDO sponsor.

Members who have made contributions and informative posts in the past who write a well worded feedback with the hopes of making things better typically stay up on the forum.

My personal opinion. Those comments should be made directly to the product/company/person first. Then if nothing is resolved, go to a public discussion forum.

-J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.