If….Verizon launches the Iphone……..

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

If Verizon launches the Iphone as rumored next month before the SuperBowl would you dump your Android to go with the Iphone? I love my Android but I have always been interested in the Iphone.

What would the Android users do?

Maybe a little early on the speculation but I have an in at Verizon that told me that they have been training for a big product launch but wouldn’t give me any details.

This would be the kiss of death to AT&T.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I would dump AT&T and take my iPhone to Verizon.

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

I really like my DRoidX and Android system. I was finally able to load my I-Tunes and ICal from my Mac to my phone which is sweet. I will stay with Android for now. Also, I think more Apps are free on Android vs Apple. My .02

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

The basics are… ATT network sucks. Customer service sucks even more. Verizon’s network is awesome… but the customer services sometimes leaves something to be desired. Just my opinion. I am with VZ… because I don’t have much need to deal with customer service… but do need some reliability with service.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

I have been waiting for Verizon to get the Iphone, legally anyways, and am going to get it if they do it. Just buy a referbished iphone for like 60 bucks and then get the phone plan, or upgrade in my case. If they do, I AM THERE! Now I can get that Navionics app. Hope that they have some lakes that I fish. If not I will look like an

steveskoal
    St.Cloud

I have ATT with an Iphone 4 and been with them for a LONG time..The Nav North app is GREAT,,I’ve had no probs with customer service at all but reception/coverage could improve..I will never own anything but an Iphone..

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Quote:

I have ATT with an Iphone 4 and been with them for a LONG time..The Nav North app is GREAT,,I’ve had no probs with customer service at all but reception/coverage could improve..I will never own anything but an Iphone..

Does that Nav North app have different versions for different states or is it just the major lakes in the northern midwest?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

When my contract date is up with ATT – I AM DONE with them. My coverage area has been constantly shrinking over the last couple of years…..and all they can say is “We only guaranteed you have service at the resident address you you wanted the bill sent to….” A bunch of BS when I was specific to the area I NEED coverage at.

steveskoal
    St.Cloud

TONS of lakes in Upper Midwest..Message me some Lakes and I’ll check them out for you

CentralBassman

It will still be over priced for there service just like AT&T!!! I have had a Iphone on T-mobile for a year now… Saves me a lot of money and have a great phone… Started with a 3G and now have a 3GS

shale
    Stillwater, MN

Stick with the Android.

Apple is on track to repeat its failure in the PC market by keeping the Iphone proprietary. It may take a couple years but it seems imminent.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Switch to the iPhone from Android?

Why would you want to take a step backwards in technology?

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I have an Iphone 4 with ATT and couldnt be happier. I have coverage in the cities, Mille Lacs, and deer shack in McGregor, no problems. Never had a problem with cs either.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

+1

My wife’s Evo 4G lays the smackdown on the iPhone. Just biding my time till I can upgrade.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I have a blackberry that I got in November when I renewed my contract but I want a phone that has the navionics app. Would verizon take my phone on a trade? Do I have to try selling it? I really wish I knew about this before I got the blackberry…

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nope, I’ll stick with android. I hope both att and apple live to regret there crappy plan.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Closed technology and market is very attractive to developers.

Macintosh had to make this move as the writing was on the wall. Verizon clearly helped Android’s trajectory in gaining market share. They had to partner up to help try and curtail Android gaining a larger market share and momentum.

The reality is with Macintosh you have one device maker. At this point in the game, Android had a clear edge in competition for faster chips and better devices.

wkw

Verizon all the way for me. At&T got smart with me one time and I will never go back to them. And I have had super coverage no matter where I go. And I’m talking rural Wyoming, Neb. ,etc.
    WKW

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Ok nevermind…

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

+1

+2. Love my android.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Whoops, I miss read that.

hnd

your att iphone will not work on verizons network fyi. its a totally different type of network. my iphone is great beyond the crippling att’s network does to it. there are plenty of things that i think are crappy on the iphone. but since jailbreaking it i can do what i want with it. the iphone 4 is one of the best phones on the market. if you don’t think so you haven’t played with it. i hate apple. i’ve used the droid and i would put it about equal. verizon’s network is 10x better and apps on teh droid are cheaper.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.