head lamps?

• walleyejgr

lookin for a head lamp,and need some ideas please. one thats going to be brite and last thanks gentlemen for any suggestions

shaley
    Milford IA

For ice fishing and night time summer fishing I use the cheap Energizer ones at wally world,.

stuart
    Mn.

I have a $50 one and a $10 Rayovac.Both last the same amount of time.The $50 is lighter and maybe a little brighter.Just make sure to get one that has the Red light option for looking at your fishing partner or you blind them.The spendy one is a Peta or perkle or somthing that starts with a P.

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

I use the black diamond headlamps, they are a bit more expensive, but I really beat them up and they work great. Mine are about 4-5 years old, and I keep them out in the boat all summer, even in the rain, and they stay in my ice bucket all winter, and they still work great!! I just put new batteries in them every year. Strongly recomend them!!

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got several cheap Energizer ones that I use in the boat and they work great. I’ve also got two Prince-tec Remix lights that are sweet! The spotlights on them really light up the night. Great for dog walks in the dark or even biking.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

walleyejgr, what are you going to be using it for?

If for summer use, I would recommend the Energizer Headlamp. It has a red led that I like for general boat use and watching lines. Doesn’t attract bugs. It also has a white led that I only use when tying on a hook ect. They come with a Krypton light also, but a very wise man told me to pull that bulb out because they use up the power in 3 AAA batteries very fast.

I bought a package of 2 on line for $26.00 last winter.

Now if you looking for small light weight BRIGHT light, Everts has the MasterVision 3 LED light. $14.99 It’s cap light which is a draw back if you don’t wear a cap ice fishing, but it’s certainly the brightest light I’ve seen on the market for a very reasonable price.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s what happens when I take two hours to make a post.

All good info above!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

petzl tikka xp2. has one high output led at 60 lumens. runs on 3 aaa batteries. very nice light. would highly recommend it.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I have headlamps galore around my place, for variouse reasons. none of which I’m 100% sold on. However to piggyback off of BK. If you wear caps, and I do, I have your solution. My brother inlaw is a research nut. and doesn’t like to waste his money on things. This being said He loves collecting knives and flashlights. Well He stumbled upon the BEST little flashlight known to man. Google Microstream. it’s a great little carry light, that will blind anyone and the best part the clip can be reversed and clipped on to your hat. AMAZING!!!! If you wear a cap. this is hands down the best light you will ever have. EVER! oh and it’s about $15.

ah here is his you YOUTUBE Review

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Now if you looking for small light weight BRIGHT light, Everts has the MasterVision 3 LED light. $14.99 It’s cap light which is a draw back if you don’t wear a cap ice fishing, but it’s certainly the brightest light I’ve seen on the market for a very reasonable price.

X2 These things are sweet!!

-J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

FWIW, if you keep an eye on http://www.steepandcheap.com, you can get some sweet deals on headlamps (and knives and all kinds of outdoor gear), but you have to be quick or the deal ends. I got my Prince-tec Remix for $20. Love it so much I just ordered another (so my wife quits taking mine).

thebigd25
    st. paul

i use the cheapest energizer that only has two settings, red light white light. i hate flipping through 4 or 5 settings and ive never wanted a strobe light attached to my head.

thebigd25
    st. paul

plus the energizers come with batteries

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

These ones here, for the money are my favorite…I have one thats at least five years old, I lose them before I have ever wore one out…
    petzl

However, if you want the best headlamp…truly the best… your going to want the surefire saint minimus…
    Unreal headlamp…
    surefire

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Princeton Tec here also “Quad Headlamp” I use them year round for hunting and fishing ….I’m really hard on my gear and the cheaper ones which aren’t so cheap anymore don’t last with my style of play…. The red LED is pretty much worthless to me so I don’t need that feature. I want bright and not so bright the Princetons I use have 3 levels of brightness with the highest as bright as you’ll ever need. Well worth the $35 compared to the cheapo’s which are pushing $20 now a days!

I’ll have to check out the Prince-tec Remix lights.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.