Shout out to Bielema…

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Just going on the record saying I was impressed with his decisions in the Iowa game. Big win and he put the game on his shoulders!! Happy we have him over Brewster!!! Big Ten is going to get interesting these next few weeks.

Ted

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Tough game. Two comments. Has anyone ever seen a punt formation where you only rush two outside players? Two, Does Ferentz teach his players to try an injure people? Last year they went low on one of our linebackers and put him out for the season, this year they roll into our best tight end on a kick off play, and bend a leg backward on an already down running back. Bush league. I know Ewing also went low on the Defensive end which was also a cheap shot on one play.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Silly question But what the heck is Kendrick doing on the field for a kickoff anyhow

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Bielema and his entire coaching staff have been impressive the 1st half of the Big Ten schedule this year. Look at what Special Teams has done in the past two weeks. Both big wins had big plays on special teams. An area that needed considerable attention dating back to last season. Considering the injuries on both sides of the ball and how the kids have responded. He finally has these boys playing to their potential and not their competition! Execution…Execution….Execution! One of the least penalized teams in the country. Execution….Execution….Execution! Luck definately a factor but it’s not ALL luck!

Now ~ if some of the PAID professionals a little further to the northeast in the state would PAY ATTENTION to EXECUTION they’d be hard pressed to loose one or two more Football games the rest of the year! Tripping over a white line on a fourth down fake field goal (if you want to call it that) with the ball landing 10″ in front of your mits is NOT EXECUTING!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Silly question But what the heck is Kendrick doing on the field for a kickoff anyhow

I guess because Kendrick’s wanted to be out there.
    No way they should have let him play on special teams. He’s too valuable on offense. Pederson did a very nice job filling in for him though.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’m certainly not a BB fan, but I will admit he’s looked a lot better in these last two games. Still not sure about the 67 yard FG attempt

I love to see them mixing it up, but that is not all BB either. Give Paul Crist some credit. I’ve bagged on him in the past as well, but most of the offensive playcalling has been due to him opening things up. Not sure if the Minnesota vacancy kicked him in the rear, or if he just decided this team has the talent to open it up. Either way, I like it.

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

You have got to love the performance of our Badgers over the last couple weeks!!
    To battle back and have a final drive like they did against Iowa was great to see. I especially loved some of the offensive play calling in the second half!

Keep rolling Bucky!!!

woodwalleye

Had to LOVE that last touchdown run and dive/stretch to the endzone by Ball…

Just never gave up.. Awesome!!!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Had to LOVE that last touchdown run and dive/stretch to the endzone by Ball…

Just never gave up.. Awesome!!!

That was indeed a supreme effort. And the fact that it came from a guy who had been demoted to 3rd string speaks volumes about this teams unity. I’ve gotta believe that is a direct result of good coaching!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.