UFC 121 perdictions!

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Any predictions on UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez? I will go with the home town boy again, submition in the 2nd round.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Ummmm,let me think on this

alumanator
    New Hope, MN

Lesnar 1st round

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Can’t bet against Lesnar until he loses. Cain is a beast, but he’s not going to hit any harder than Carwin. I have Brock in 2.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Brock gets on top and pounds out Cain in the 1st round.

shale
    Stillwater, MN

Great fight card. Gotta take Lesnar by ground and pound with ref stoppage – who knows what round

toothycritters

I have to say Lesnar, TKO, round 1. But I would not be surprised if Cain gives him a hard time. The guy seems very determined, but so is Lesnar.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Lesnar will looked to show the Carwin 1st round was a fluke and take out Cain in the 1st.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I have to believe Lesnar will be able to get this to the ground if he needs to. Ground and pound or his deathclutch… …that he put on Carwin will be the ticket. That being said, Cain seems like a pretty good guy when you watch the preview shows. Will definitely be watching to see though…

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I pray that Lesnar goes DOWN and never comes back

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

For you guys that are watching keep us updated.

Thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wow.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

It didn’t surprise me that Cain had a flurry, but I never expected him to throw that many hard shots. He did his homework, watched what Carwin did to Lesnar and took it to the next level. Lesnar was a mess at the end of the fight. Cain is an animal.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Recap from the LA Times:

Round 1. Lesnar immediately shoots. Cain opens up with huge punches from the inside and holds off the shot. Cain charges in with punches and Lesnar takes him down. Cain stands right back up. Lesnar pushes Cain up against the cage. Lesnar briefly gets him down but Cain gets right back up and breaks. Cain opens up Lesnar’s face with a punch. Cain then takes Lesnar down and throws punches to the side of the head. Lesnar stands back up. Cain goes for a takedown but Lesnar holds him off. Lesnar moves in for a shot and Cain drops him with a punch. Cain follows with a big knee, punches on the ground and the crowd erupts. Lesnar is in huge trouble. Cain is landing big punches from the top and Lesnar is just holding on. Cain is dropping bombs. Lesnar stands up but he immediately collapses on his own. Cain follows with punches and referee Herb Dean finally steps in. The crowd goes crazy and Cain Velasquez is the new champion.

Winner: Cain Velasquez, TKO, round 1.

A humble Lesnar congratulates Velasquez after the fight and puts over his ability and performance.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I think you have a future at espn also…lol WOW!!!!! Did not expect that finish!!!!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I didn’t get to see it but from the sounds of it…..SAAAWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

As Joe Rogan said “Complete total domination” by Velasquez! He is going to be champ for a long time. Speed, Power, and most important some of the best conditioning in MMA. I knew the winner of Carwin vs Lesnar was going to have trouble with Velasquez’s skills and it was proven tonight. He made Lesnar look like a wrestler not a MMA champ.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We are watching a guy on the undercard, Madsen. His dad works for the same company as me and his older brother is my wife’s friend from high school. The kid grew up as a mean fightin’ son of gun, the MMA seems to be a perfect spot for him.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Brock doesnt seem to do to well against strikers as can be seen in his last 2 fights. He may be fast on his feet but not so fast at getting out of the way of a punch. Wonder if Frank Meer is think “why didnt I think of that” about now. It will be neat to see Brock work on this and come back.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.