Boat Wheel Dollies

• 2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Just bought a 621 Ranger and it does not fit through my 3rd stall garage door. I need to go through my double door, but with a tandem axle trailer you just don’t move that trailer over to the third stall. Someone said there is dollies with jacks on them, just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Not sure if the GoJak vehicle Dollys would work.

kroger3
    blaine mn

I just seen at harbor freight tools that they had the 1250# dollies with jackso nthem on sale for 80 bucks

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

You could park your car in the third stall…………..

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My boat is a single axle, I use a 1,500# hydraulic vehicle dolly. It works great, allowing my to slide my boat into the farthest corner of my garage.
    Here is a link to a few choices: Hydraulic Vehicle Dolly. I got mine at Northern Tool, a few years ago.

Ron

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

You could park your car in the third stall…………..

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Steve Plantz made THESE a few weeks back. A nice option if you have the time and material

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

I would park my car in the 3rd stall but my third stall is 27′ deep which I need for my boat. The other stalls are 24′, not going to work for a 621. When I had the house built I thought I had everthing in place, totally messed up on the garage door. Quess I will have to build again.

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Thanks a lot T Ellis, this is what I visioned, how is the front wheel mobility, just a little concerned about the weight.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Thanks a lot T Ellis, this is what I visioned, how is the front wheel mobility, just a little concerned about the weight.

The weight will be fine but I would be lying if i said it was easy to push around a 621 but it is doable. Its just alot of weight to get moving but on level floor its fine. You might want to try a set of two on the front axle first before buying all four as once you get the front tires lifted it will move like a single axle trailer.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quite honestly Iceman, I did the same with my home. Larger third stall for boat. Fortunately for now, my current boat and trailer fits through the door with 5 total inches to spare. That’s not much when you cut that in half for both wheels!!

I’ll have the same issue if I upgrade boats.

ET

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Thanks guys, just purchased 4 of the Harbor Freight Tools (mechanical-wheel-dolly). They are back ordered, hopefully here before winter. It’s a good thing the parents have a big enough garage for now.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

got me to thinking about getting something for my trailer, I have a buddy who has enough room in one of his 4 barns to keep my boat over the winter. I get a pretty good discount through Grainger and saw this page. Might make it easier for my buddy to move a boat around if I had a set of these under the tires. Grainger page

kroger3
    blaine mn

The standard wheel dollies can be picked up at Menards and I think the were either 40 or 50 bucks a pair. They work good with my boat but ones with the built in jacks would be handy!

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Iceman sent you a PM.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Put the boat in the 2 car side, have the wife park in the third, get yourself an auto start for your truck, and park outside. Dolly’s for winter.

I probably could fit our rav4 in the garage with the boat, if the garage wasn’t so full, as of now we both park outside The wife is less crazy about the idea every year

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

This is commical because I just told my wife we should get a car starter for the company car and leave it outside this winter. Just a company car. She stated it is the one I use, not sure how it will end up.

Chode2235

Looking to resurrect this thread…

I have a pair of wheel dollies that are big metal plates that I jack up my boat and put them on. At my new place I need to do this to get the boat over to where it needs to go, but it is such a pain to keep jacking it up all the time.

So, I’m looking at the go-jacks or the ‘generic’ versions as well. I’ve got a big Ranger 1850 that weights about 4000lbs with the trailer, and the heaviest of these wheel lifting jack/dollies is rated for 1550/wheel.

You guys this these will be heavy duty enough?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have no experience with the go-jacks but here is a link to old post of mine, I made my own and they work great for me. The one thing that has changed since I made this post is that this year I bought a full size floor jack to get the trailer up on the dollies.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Chode2235

Quote:

I have no experience with the go-jacks but here is a link to old post of mine, I made my own and they work great for me. The one thing that has changed since I made this post is that this year I bought a full size floor jack to get the trailer up on the dollies.

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Yeah, I’ve got something similar now (from Nothern) and am sick of jacking it up and sliding the dolly under the wheel.

These look like the ticket to avoid that extra PITB work after a day of fishing.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.