What did you do over the Labor Day holiday?

• jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I smoked some venison summer sausage. Heavy on the garlic.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

That looks awesome. I just cut up my last one from last fall.

whittsend

I made 8lbs of bear jerky for to snack on at the upcoming IDO GTG at Rainy.

Also fired off about 30 model rockets for my son’s 6th birthday party. Pretty cool watching a bunch of 5 and 6 year old’s build and help launch all of those rockets.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

May have to take up deer hunting again, they do look good..:)

I (wife) waited till monday to get on the lake, then put up with rain and wind to catch 8″ bass and sheepshead, then dumped the minnows to go home and the sun came out as we were leaving the lake….figures

Al

bigpike

Worked the graveyard Friday and Saturday , Fished Sunday afternoon and Monday

bigpike

Nice rack of sausage!

inge66

Wife and I went to the Twins game on Saterday
    Took the kids to the Como Zoo on Sunday
    Went to Gull Lake with a buddy on Monday and caught two limits of 14-16″ eyes and about 10 9 inch sunnies.

What a great weekend!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I went dove hunting and fishing in Texas.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fair Saturday. Side job work on Sunday. Cookout at a friends for a new house cleaning business start up.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

smoked a turkey, then got smoked on fruity drinks on the mighty mo, got my fix of college football games.

igotone

worked and mowed grass
    grilled steaks monday evening

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Watched Babe Ruth Version 2010.9 smack the top of a flagpole.
    Waited to see if the Stillwater lift bridge gates are still working this time.
    Laid in a heavy supply of Old Frothingslosh to celebrate our local version of the Defeat of JJ Days here in District 6 in November.
    Watched a horse and rider nonchalantly plod away from their poop in a downtown street while a dog owner risked a fine for walking her pet in the grass without a plastic bag. Just up the street the owner of a large fifth wheel RV trailer used a pressure washer to hose down the exterior plumbing into a stormwater drain that leads directly into the St. Croix.(Hope he remembered to drain his bait and livewells at the launch.)
    Other than that, nuthin remarkable.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

House chores Sat (got the pellet/corn stove cleaned and fired), me and the boys camped in Grandma’s backyard Sunday eve to try out the pickup truck bed tent in prep for upcoming weekend bird hunting trips (very cool, stayed dry even), Twins Monday which was the first we’ve been and was really fun (even when the hardcore fisher twin tossed his cookies).

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Ely-area research bear killed
    search on Duluth Tribune Sports Outdoors.
    can someone post the link?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Worked on the cabin (insulated and wired for electric). We also got a little fishing in as well.

dtw
    Twin Cities

Fished the Alexandria area lakes for Bass and Walleye. Caught 7 eyes, 2 smallies, a real nice crappy and a few perch. Great weekend. Not a ton of action but successful enough for a great Saturday evening dinner.

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

Me, the wife and kids all wentto Davenport IA to see a friend of mine form the middleast. Nice relaxing weekend also did some fact finidng down there for a job relocate. Monday cleaned out my garage to make room for the minin van and my cycle

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I started another batch of beer. Have an English Pale Ale happily fermenting away. Also drank a few sample bottles of my last batch, which was a black IPA. A few more weeks of resting and that one will be awesome.

Also did some stuff around the house and played a round of golf.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Fished Saturday on Mississippi backwater, caught 10 nice gills and a 11 inch bully. Worked Sunday and Monday, double time for Monday! Had my aunt out for supper Monday night for fresh fish.

walleyejgr

went to my cousins cabin and relaxed and fished .lots of walleye and sunnys. no phone tv wife,PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Well my brother and I went down to the river and went fishing and the bass fishing was on like donkey kong (not a bass guy) but alot of fun. Walleye bite was slow for us.Then smoked a turkey and spent the rest of the weakend doing stuff for the wife and getting ready for are fall fishing trip up to kabetogama. All in all a fun weakend.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

fished the lower Croix both days, sat’s bite was much better….cranks…..sunday was ok caught eyes but slower, it was nice to be able to get out again

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well lets see 6pm friday night to 6am sat morning worked… slept ate went back to work sat (6pm) for sunday, got off 6am left for the fair round about 2pm, heading home got a call a 9pm to work Labor day, so I thought I give Labor day and all out effort and worked 16 hours on Labor day…. Overall it was a blast….. Happy to have a decent job, though I still dream of winning the lottery.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Went out to Isle Royale and got our fair share of lakers, kings and steelhead. No Monster lakers for us this year. Well get em next year tho!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.