A cool thing happened at the ReMax picnic…..

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

So the FW and I are at a picnic hosted by the realtor, ReMax, who we bought our house from when we moved to La Crosse 12 years ago – – I guess they still like us. When we were finished eating and visiting with some people at our table we decide to go get some of the ice cream they were offering. On the way past a table about two rows from ours a gentleman says (I think his name was Gary? My memory isn’t as good as it once was) “Mike do you fish a lot”? and I smile and answered “yes, I do like to fish” and he tells me that he thought he recognized me from IDO and the posts that Bret and occassionally, I post. So we visited for a while about fishing, of course, waters that we’ve fished, shared some stories and of course I encouraged him to sign up as a member. Gary had some nice stories about fishing with his grand kids this summer at Moose Lake (a lake Bret and I will be visiting in October)and was on his way to watch a couple of them play hockey.

Gary if you are reading this it was really a pleasure meeting you and your wife and visiting for a while and I encourage you to sign in as a member and share those great stories you told me.

Once again being a member of IDO has opened up opportunities to not only meet some of the very nice members I’ve met and fished with but also meet other people who like viewing the website and who just like to fish and share information and stories about fishing. Sorry for the long read but it was just too cool of a story not to share.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

That’s neat! It is always humbling to get recognized. I just always hope that when someone says, “Hey, are you Chris, or hey did you coach?” that I’m not going to get a butt chewing.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

That story just about put me to sleep.

Really it is a good one, I love to sit and swap fishing stories and talk about techniques. And then you put in the recognition from being seen on IDO that would be the icing on the cake. I enjoyed the reading material and wish more people would recognize me.

My wife always runs across people that know me from when I was younger, some of which I don’t remember their names, I’m sure that has something to do with the 70s.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Way cool Mike Like you mentioned, IDO has opened up a lot of friendships with people that have the same interest. It is such a relief to know how many people really only think about fishing, the rest of life is just there to fill in time

For those that are reluctant to go to the top left box and click Register… it is so easy and beneficial for cruising around in this site, everyone that revisits IDO to check out post should just do it. That was my Nike plug

The private mail system rocks When I first became a member I couldn’t believe the amount of information shared privately. Even better, I have made best of friends in my local area which I would have never encountered by just staying a lurker

Also by becoming a member you can manage your favorite threads, know when there is a new post on threads with the bobber system, and the shout box located at the bottom can surely become interesting at times

And this all comes to you at a cost of $0.00 You will receive no junk mail or advertising. It is absolutely free, IDO just wants you to have the benefit of sharing your stories and pictures while being able to respond to others

You are not alone, there are many of us with the same disease (fishing, fishing, fishing) and by sticking together we can all pull through it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.