Marshfield Wisconsin

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

I’ll be in Marshfield for 5 days next week. Taking my wife to knitting camp. Well they call it camp…bunch of crazed knitters hanging out at the Holiday Inn. I’ll have a lot of time to kill. Any advice would be appreciated for fishing in the area. I have not planned on dragging my boat along. So finding some shore or river bank fishing is on my agenda.

Thanks,
    Bill

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I believe there are a lot of shore fishing opportunities on Lake Dubay fishing along rip rap or you can head a little further south to Little Biron Flowage (WI River)thats loaded with smallies. while fishing from a boat, I’ve seen people on shore with baskets full of em

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

There is definitely some travel involved in order to find those shoreline opps!!!

Mark

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Quote:

There is definitely some travel involved in order to find those shoreline opps!!!

Mark

half hour??? Looking at a map, there isnt much water thats closer to Marshfield

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Travel won’t bother me. I had considered dragging my boat up and heading to Everts on pool 4. Thats about a 140 mile drive. Touring around locating some shore/bank fishing would be a pleasant way to spend the day. Plus if I stay away from Fleet Farm, I’ll be able to afford the gas.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

As said there is not alot of water close to town. I would head south to Nekoosa, and the Petenwell flowage(about 1 hour). Lots of county parks and boat landings to get access to the river. There is quite a bit of shoreline in Nekoosa on the down river side of the dam on the west side to fish. If you don’t mind wading, go try the Black River in Clark County(35-45 minutes). Little bit of everything in there. Do some research on these two via the net, and have fun.

Nut

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well there is Dexter CO park….
    It’s on a small flowage of the Yellow river.

Just follow Hwy 13 S down to Pittsville..Take 80S…
    It’s right at the intersection of 54 and 80.
    Total distance about 25 miles.

I fished there while waiting for a load years ago…fishing was so-so but it’s a pretty place

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.