Minong Flowage Wi

• corey_waller
    hastings mn

bringing the whole family up this weekend to a friends cabin on the flowage. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some fishing info. we prefer to fish bass and walleye and have gear for everything. any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Corey

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Hi Corey,

I’ve spent many, many days fishing the Minong Flowage (and surrounding lakes) over the years. However, the last time I fished it was about 4 years ago. Small walleyes are abundant but getting them over the 15″ slot limit can be challenging. I had by best success trolling crankbaits primarily walleye divers (black or gold) and Storm Original Deep Jr. Thundersticks (firetiger) long lining and off of planer boards. Favorite troll runs were:

– early morning just south of the Totagatic Park (before the launch gets busy) heading south between the pinch point

– half mile north of Big Sand Lake Road on the west side – you will see a finger sticking out – troll from there south down the west shoreline

– and the East side of the furthest NW Bay (between Kennedy Road and Bird Lane).

Depths are usually around 12-15 feet – just follow the weed contour line.

Feel free to PM or call me for more info and I can also provide you some additional info on some smaller surrounding lakes.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

thanks a ton Brad I will give it a try I am bringing all of the trolling stuff. hpefully I can get a few for the pan and then concentrate on the bass!!!
    let me know if I can ever help in return
    thanks,
    Corey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.